Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help (Read 1394885 times) previous topic - next topic

WSH Panel Mod script discussion/help

Reply #3975
@mjm716
I just checked thumbs script with marc's modifications to on_playback_time function and everything is working fine with console massages as it should be (even without the edit everything is working fine)
Code: [Select]
[18:51:30] Thumbs: Artist has changed. Updating. 
[18:51:30] Thumbs: E:\Music\eng\George Michael\ contains 0 images.
[18:51:31] Thumbs: This is the time to determine if images should be automatically downloaded.
[18:51:31] Thumbs: All conditions for downloading images have been met. Downloading now...
[18:51:32] Thumbs: Playlist selection/playback event triggered.
[18:51:32] Thumbs: Artist has not changed. Doing nothing.
[18:51:40] Thumbs: E:\Music\eng\George Michael\ contains 1 images.
[18:51:43] Thumbs: E:\Music\eng\George Michael\ contains 4 images.
[18:51:44] Thumbs: Wed Mar 11 18:51:44 UTC+0530 2015 - Image change triggered by cycle setting of 5 seconds.

You should have known better before accusing marc that the problem is in your end obviously because he have been developing this script over the last 4 years so he surly will know if it didn't work.(and only only 2 people have reported)

and
@MachineHead
The past several days are also a prime example of why this (or similar) functionality should be rolled into fb2k from the onset. Being an official option would remove the chance of someone having a bad day. With zero options for third parties to obliterate necessary files and snub the same hundreds, if not thousands, of users by pulling the plug on a truly useful project in what can be summed up as an infantile temper tantrum. Unless something changes in the interim, this thread will be a reminder of why third party components can be risky items to employ. Users are at the mercy of individuals that could, for no reason other than spite, ruin what has become a longstanding tradition of community interaction.

This should have happened under total different circumstances. Even WSH Panel Mod is not on the foobar official components page. So this kind of functionality being a official option would only be dream!!.We can only hope for individual developers like marc,Falstaff,eXtremeHunter to implement these features for us.(I'm very grateful for them) Actually they are really reason foobar differentiate from other normal players . I really think foobar2000 developers should have created a better environment for this 3rd party plugins and their mods because there is so much features can missed out to new user just  because they are scattered around deviantart and this forum.
Hopefully someday we will have something like this

The page that contained marc's scripts and customisation guides (http://marc2003.x10host.com) is now gone
and his dropbox links are gone too 
Hope you two are happy
I can only hope for your comeback marc, don't let few peoples actions let you down,so many others will lose this super awesome script
(Which made my music listening experience 1000x better )

Reply #3976
I really think foobar2000 developers should have created a better environment for this 3rd party plugins and their mods because there is so much features can missed out to new user just  because they are scattered around deviantart and this forum.

you could not be more wrong. it's only because of the foobar2000 SDK provided by Peter that great 3rd party components like facets, columns UI, wave seekbar, WSH panel mod, etc are possible. no one ever seems to give the main man any credit. also, it's up to individual developers if they want their components hosted on the official website. if people choose not to, then what is he supposed to do? make it compulsory?? 

Reply #3977
Hope you two are happy

I am not happy in the least. The very thread title is about discussion and HELP. Sometimes we noobs don't know exactly why something breaks and try (often times without success) to figure out what caused the problem. If we can't get it, we ask. At a minimum, those in the know should be patient and remember we're not all gifted, and often times maddeningly frustrating trying to describe our problem. We don't mean to be, but it's equally frustrating when the help we seek comes from someone that is petty, surly, and downright rude at times.

This is not how a community is supposed to operate. It is, however, a surefire way to see it fracture. You just have to look at this and other concurrent threads for examples.

If you don't like that thought. Too bad. I'm not the one that went one a delete spree out of pure spite; even going so far as deleting his profile at another site just to eradicate any presence of the scripts/configs. This is a sign of someone with issues that go beyond being pissed off about a stupid script used for some audio player.

As is, the scripts still function and will probably continue to do so for quite some time. In some distant future version we can hope to get a like feature added. Preferably with a repository of always free to use scripts that aren't presided over by someone with an incendiary mentality willing to embark on a scorched earth policy if they aren't having the best of days.

Reply #3978
I really think foobar2000 developers should have created a better environment for this 3rd party plugins and their mods because there is so much features can missed out to new user just  because they are scattered around deviantart and this forum.

you could not be more wrong. it's only because of the foobar2000 SDK provided by Peter that great 3rd party components like facets, columns UI, wave seekbar, WSH panel mod, etc are possible. no one ever seems to give the main man any credit. also, it's up to individual developers if they want their components hosted on the official website. if people choose not to, then what is he supposed to do? make it compulsory?? 

What meant by better environment is a showcase/portfolio to show what really foobar can be with right components/scripts by hosting things like your scripts,br3tt's JSPlaylist, mire777's youtube radio etc.. These things cant be easily  found by new use who just  went to foobar2000.org  and download it (personally i had to spent lot time to find all of things and make my foobar as i want to)
ex:musicbee have things like:
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Skins
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Plugins
Obviously without SDK provided by Peter nothing is possible,so all credit should go to him.

Actually what i'm saying is foobar is not a very user friendly player,but have so much potential than these other players.
So actually management/owners of foobar2000 are responsible, not developers of course

and can pleaseeee make your scripts and customisation guide available again these things are soo essential for foobar and I can only wish you continue to support them 

Reply #3979
At a minimum, those in the know should be patient and remember we're not all gifted, and often times maddeningly frustrating trying to describe our problem. We don't mean to be, but it's equally frustrating when the help we seek comes from someone that is petty, surly, and downright rude at times.

i've been more than patient. i've repeatedly asked for meaningful bug reports yet you've still failed to produce anything. even when i post the exact code that triggers automatic downloads in your working and non working scripts, you still haven't replied. at first i was reluctant to post the code because i knew it would be abused but i finally relented and you no longer had to take my word about the code being identical. this is something you could do yourself using a text editor but you still have not responded to this. i hate repeating myself but here is the post again.

edit: just to put a real end to this, right click your panel, configure. replace this function....

function on_playback_time(time) {
    th.playback_time(time);
}

with

function on_playback_time(time) {
    if (time != 1) return;
    p.console("This is the time to determine if images should be automatically downloaded.");
    if (th.source != 0) return p.console("Panel is in custom folder mode. Not downloading.");
    if (p.metadb.RawPath != fb.GetNowPlaying().RawPath) return p.console("Panel is not focused on the playing track. Not downloading.");
    if (th.files.length > 0) return p.console("Folder contains at least one image. Not downloading.");
    if (th.auto_download == 0) return p.console("Automatic downloads are switched off. Not downloading");
    if (th.auto_download == 1 && !fb.IsMetadbInMediaLibrary(p.metadb)) return p.console("Automatic downloads are enabled for library tracks only and this track is not in the library. Not downloading.");
    p.console("All conditions for downloading images have been met. Downloading now...");
    th.download();
}

and here is the original function which you'll find inside common8.js. it does exactly the same as the above without the console messages. it's the same in all versions of my common8 scripts even if some people don't believe me. luckily it's all in plain text so you can check it out yourselves.

this.playback_time = function(t) {
    if (this.source == 0 && t == 1 && this.files.length == 0 && p.metadb.RawPath == fb.GetNowPlaying().RawPath && ((this.auto_download == 1 && fb.IsMetadbInMediaLibrary(p.metadb)) || this.auto_download == 2)) this.download();
}

it was a direct response to one your posts so i cannot be held responsible for you ignoring it.

as for my "scorched earth" policy, it's because i actually care about people misusing my scripts to query remote websites hundreds of times every few minutes (this wasn't you ). i put sanity checks in place for a reason. if people gleefully post smiley face replies with idiotic code edits thanking me for helping them to bypass said sanity checks completely ignorant of what they are doing because they think it solves their problem then i want no part of it.

@samithaj, what's to stop you setting up a foobar2000 wikia site? just remember a good majority of foobar users couldn't care less about what it looks like. it's the core features underneath the surface that make it so great. even without any 3rd party components, it would still be my music player of choice.

Reply #3980
it was a direct response to one your posts so i cannot be held responsible for you ignoring it.

That's because the post of mine prior to the one you quoted above is where I closed the browser, stewed on it a bit, and took a different approach to my problem. In the giant pile of saved configs I 've accumulated was your latest yuckfoo. Knowing that the scripts inside that worked, I replaced the one giving me shit to see. It fixed it. I then replaced its common8.js with the last one you shared. Still worked. Fix for all was simple at that point - nuke the ones not working: replace with the one that was working. Why did it break? NFI. It was something I did for certain but I do not know why, or care, at this point. The offending configurations have been updated and the crap deleted. That's all that matters to me at this point.

Granted, that should have been one of the first approaches I took. Hindsight being 20/20 and all...whatever.

Then I come back and this is what I find. A thread in utter disarray. I don't get it. You decide to punish a lot of users for maybe mine and someone else's actions? Not cool. If you're bound and determined to stay this course then so be it. It's your decision to make. I don't agree with it at all but will respect it and offer no more comment on the matter from here on out.

You've helped more times than I can count and I do appreciate it all. Thank you for that.

Reply #3981
You should have known better before accusing marc that the problem is in your end obviously because he have been developing this script over the last 4 years so he surly will know if it didn't work.(and only only 2 people have reported)

I've actually had the same problem with the last few releases as well but never bothered to mention it because I don't really use thumbs.

It's a shame that things seemed to have escalated to this. I can understand marc's frustrations though as my work has inspired and flat out been reproduced by others who not only don't give any credit but seek monetary compensation. marc's scripts are a part of  my work as were some others but putting in that effort, helping people with any problems and such only to be taken for granted is annoying all the same.

oh well, nothing lasts forever, hope he comes back though. Reminds of the guy who created PanelsUI that got chased away by an ungrateful few in the community

Reply #3982
After returning from being away for a few weeks it looks like my WSH panels are no longer working.  Upon startup I'm getting the following errors (one for each instance):

Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Thumbs by marc2003, CODE: 0x80040154): Class not registered 
Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (News / Reviews / Blogs by marc2003, CODE: 0x80040154): Class not registered 
Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Last.fm Charts by marc2003, CODE: 0x80040154): Class not registered 
Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Musicbrainz by marc2003, CODE: 0x80040154): Class not registered 
Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Allmusic review by marc2003, CODE: 0x80040154): Class not registered 
Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Last.fm & Wikipedia Biography by marc2003, CODE: 0x80040154): Class not registered 
Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Art Reader by marc2003, CODE: 0x80040154): Class not registered 
Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Item Details by marc2003, CODE: 0x80040154): Class not registered 
Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Small Web Links by marc2003, CODE: 0x80040154): Class not registered 

I've been searching these forums for a fix to these messages, but don't see one.  Safe Mode is clicked off.  Any idea what's causing this?

Thanks in advance.

Reply #3983
After returning from being away for a few weeks it looks like my WSH panels are no longer working.  Upon startup I'm getting the following errors (one for each instance):

Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Thumbs by marc2003, CODE: 0x80040154): Class not registered 
Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (News / Reviews / Blogs by marc2003, CODE: 0x80040154): Class not registered 
Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Last.fm Charts by marc2003, CODE: 0x80040154): Class not registered 
Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Musicbrainz by marc2003, CODE: 0x80040154): Class not registered 
Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Allmusic review by marc2003, CODE: 0x80040154): Class not registered 
Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Last.fm & Wikipedia Biography by marc2003, CODE: 0x80040154): Class not registered 
Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Art Reader by marc2003, CODE: 0x80040154): Class not registered 
Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Item Details by marc2003, CODE: 0x80040154): Class not registered 
Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (Small Web Links by marc2003, CODE: 0x80040154): Class not registered 

I've been searching these forums for a fix to these messages, but don't see one.  Safe Mode is clicked off.  Any idea what's causing this?

Thanks in advance.

you need to change/adept your last.fm API key in the common8js script:

this.username_error = "Use the right click menu to set your Last.fm username.";
   this.password_error = "Use the right click menu to set your Last.fm password.";
   this.ini_file = p.settings_folder + "lastfm.ini";
   this.username = this.read_ini("username");
   this.sk = this.read_ini("sk");
   this.api_key = "xxxyour code";
   this.secret = "xxxyour codee";

this.ua = "foobar2000_wsh_scripts";
   this.auto_correct = window.GetProperty("2k3.lastfm_auto_correct", true);
   this.xmlhttp = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");

Reply #3984
a suspended API key is not the cause of those errors. 

something much serious is wrong with hexenszene's computer. my guess is a bad windows update or corruption of files. or perhaps try and think of any other software/configuration changes you have made recently because that looks like the component is not going to work with any script, not just mine. try a new default panel and see what happens....

Reply #3985
something much serious is wrong with hexenszene's computer. my guess is a bad windows update or corruption of files. or perhaps try and think of any other software/configuration changes you have made recently because that looks like the component is not going to work with any script, not just mine. try a new default panel and see what happens....

Thanks Marc.  I just installed a new video card along with drivers, but other than that I can't recall making any changes lately.  I'll dig a little deeper and report back...

Reply #3986

Thanks Marc.  I just installed a new video card along with drivers, but other than that I can't recall making any changes lately.  I'll dig a little deeper and report back...

Hi Marc, thanks for filling in/correcting my reply. I had something simulair with the suspended API key. After adding my own code it worked fine.
Anyway, is good to see you here again!!

Reply #3987

a quick search of the forums has found others having the same issue some years ago (i just searched for the error code)

http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php...mp;#entry755221
http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php...mp;#entry769090

@jbercx, i'll post when something is quite clearly a component problem but that's about as far as it will go. an invalid last.fm api key is not going affect allmusic, musicbrainz, artreader, etc...

Reply #3988

a quick search of the forums has found others having the same issue some years ago (i just searched for the error code)

@jbercx, i'll post when something is quite clearly a component problem but that's about as far as it will go. an invalid last.fm api key is not going affect allmusic, musicbrainz, artreader, etc...

Thanks for the clarification, and again, all your work is appreciated.

Reply #3989
Few days ago last fm playcount sync and add to loved track functions stopped work. When i trying to add some track to loved console writes:
"Last.fm Playcount Sync: Contacting Last.fm....
Last.fm Playcount Sync: Suspended API key - Access for your account has been suspended, please contact Last.fm"

When playcount sync trying to get info it shows almost same:
Last.fm Playcount Sync: {"error":26,"message":"Suspended API key - Access for your account has been suspended, please contact Last.fm","links":[]}"

Maybe someone know how to fix it? Last fm account is fine - site working, scrobbling from foobar too.

ps sorry for my poor english.

Reply #3990

Last.fm Playcount Sync: Suspended API key - Access for your account has been suspended, please contact Last.fm"

ps sorry for my poor english.
[/quote]

see 2 or 3 post above from me, copy your own API key in the script. Then It should work

Reply #3991
i had the exact same problem as sksig, and so i created a new API account at http://www.lastfm.jp/api/accounts and followed the instructions at http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php...st&p=887377 and replaced this.api_key, this.secret, and this.ua in my common7.js accordingly.

after i did that playcount sync appears to work fine, but for some reason the add to loved track button still doesn't work. when i attempted to re-enter my last.fm username and password, i get a popup box titled "Last.fm Playcount Sync" with the message "Invalid method signature supplied".

i noticed that there's another method of adding to loved tracks in the skin i'm using (JAM v1.2) by right-clicking on the track in the playlist and selecting the appropriate option. apparently this method communicates via the foo_softplaylists component, which works. although i'm still trying to figure out how to repair the "love track" button which is a lot more convenient as it registers immediately without having to sync with last.fm like this latter method.

Reply #3992
copy your own API key in the script. Then It should work

Thank you for fast answer. Playcount sync fixed, but add to loved - still not. Now it writes:
"Last.fm Playcount Sync: Invalid session key - Please re-authenticate"

Maybe i done something wrong:
1. I made new API and secret keys here: http://www.lastfm.ru/api/account/create
Application/Device Name - i wrote "foobar 2000"
Application Description - same "foobar 2000"
2. Opened common8.js with notepad, found lines with this keys and replaced old API and secret keys with new ones.

Reply #3993

Hi Marc,

Still no luck resolving this.  I've updated all my drivers and the latest windows update, but am otherwise at a loss as to what to do.  Here's what the foobar console says after I start it up:

UI Hacks: DLL-hijacking failed
UI Hacks: hooks status 0x420000
Components loaded in: 0:02.868522
Configuration read in: 0:00.035059
Watching: E:\MUSIC_LIBRARY
User Interface initialized in: 0:00.126509
Conf2 already initialized.
foo_upnp: succesfully loaded file C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\foo_upnp.xml
foo_upnp: initialized in 0.093s
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\LCDWrapper.cpp, `anonymous-namespace'::APIInit, 721): LCD drivers not installed or incorrect version.
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\LCDWrapper.cpp, NLCD::CConnection::NewConnection, 655): Failed to initialise LCD API
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\LCDDisplay.cpp, CLCDDisplay::Initialise, 61): Failed to create LCD object. Plugin will be unavailable.
foo_logitech_lcd.dll [Error] (.\foobarDLL.cpp, CFoobarDLL::threadProc, 129): Could not initialise LCD. Plugin will be unavailable.
Startup time : 0:10.692310
foo_upnp: created 111279 path registry entries in 3.944s
foo_upnp: loaded Media Library tree in 19.460s
Seekbar: taking Direct2D1 path.
Seekbar: Frontend initialized.

Perhaps the errors listed here are related?

Reply #3994
i attempted to re-enter my last.fm username and password

Thank you. It helped. I just needed to re-enter login and password in "add to love" button right click menu. I did it and now all works fine again.

Reply #3995

probably. as i mentioned before, it looks like something has corrupted some of your windows files. i couldn't possibly say what though. perhaps you'd have more luck on a dedicated windows troubleshooting forum. try looking at the windows event viewer for more errors as they might provide something else you can search for that isn't foobar related.

edit: system restore might be worth a punt if you have it enabled???

Reply #3996

probably. as i mentioned before, it looks like something has corrupted some of your windows files. i couldn't possibly say what though. perhaps you'd have more luck on a dedicated windows troubleshooting forum. try looking at the windows event viewer for more errors as they might provide something else you can search for that isn't foobar related.

Ok thanks.  Unfortunately System Restore isn't an available option.  After my first post yesterday I did a new Windows Update, so that's the only point I can go back to.  However Event Viewer does indeed have a bunch of errors in it, although I don't see any where Foobar is mentioned.  Are there any Windows forums that you might recommend?  This stuff is all way beyond my pay grade, so it's hard for me to even know how to formulate an appropriate question...

Reply #3997

Ok thanks.  Unfortunately System Restore isn't an available option.  After my first post yesterday I did a new Windows Update, so that's the only point I can go back to.  However Event Viewer does indeed have a bunch of errors in it, although I don't see any where Foobar is mentioned.  Are there any Windows forums that you might recommend?  This stuff is all way beyond my pay grade, so it's hard for me to even know how to formulate an appropriate question...

not sure if this will help but, I know that certain software, such as antiviruses, can cause problems because they try to protect your computer by blocking the running of scripts. Perhaps your update has installed some malicious removal or blocking tools that are blocking them. Or did your new vid card come with an antivirus packaged with the drivers? just a guess

Reply #3998
not sure if this will help but, I know that certain software, such as antiviruses, can cause problems because they try to protect your computer by blocking the running of scripts. Perhaps your update has installed some malicious removal or blocking tools that are blocking them. Or did your new vid card come with an antivirus packaged with the drivers? just a guess

This is helpful.  I didn't install any new anti-virus recently, however now I'm wondering if WSH is somehow disabled on my PC.  Trying to find how to check this...

Reply #3999
This is helpful.  I didn't install any new anti-virus recently, however now I'm wondering if WSH is somehow disabled on my PC.  Trying to find how to check this...

Just out of curiosity, here's a simple html clock that requires the running of a local js file Colour clock
Extract that and load the index file in your browser. If you see the current time and a background with colour that keeps changing, then the problem isn't system wide and just something within foobar, try updating it. However, if the clock doesn't load the time and just shows 00.00.00 and one background, then maybe you could try disabling your antivirus  then seeing if the clock and/or foobar loads properly. If not antivirus maybe some malware protection. I had Avast in the long ago and it gave me errors as well because it was blocking scripts, which is also likely the reason you are getting the UI hacks error too