Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Keeping album tracks in order when sending to playlist from library (Read 723 times) previous topic - next topic

Keeping album tracks in order when sending to playlist from library

This is about having foobar play an album's tracks in the original order.  When I use the Library Tree to send a whole album (or multiple albums) to a playlist it arrives with the tracks in an odd order.   I know I can click on the tracknumber column to sort it, but it would be best if it was in that order by default, especially when using autoplay, and it messes up grouped multiple albums if you do it. 

I did a bit of searching, and the only suggestion I have found is to rename the filenames to have the track number at the start.  This works well,   except I can't help wondering if there is a config item somewhere in foobar that let's it sort according the the track number from the metadata.

Related to this,  I don't see a way, using foobar's built in CD ripper, to add tracknumbers to the start of the filenames it produces.  This means I have to go back and rename the files after ripping.

Re: Keeping album tracks in order when sending to playlist from library

Reply #1
Have a look at
Preferences -> Advanced -> Display -> Standard sort patterns.
(Myself I use a naming pattern that sorts well.)