Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XLD and ReplayGain (Read 5719 times) previous topic - next topic

XLD and ReplayGain

XLD has two ReplayGain settings for ripping to mp3. One under "CD Rip" called "Scan ReplayGain", and one under General->LAME MP3->Option called "Perform ReplayGain Calculation"

What do these settings do? I'd like to get mp3 files with album ReplayGain with XLD. How can I accomplish that?

I've so far used mp3gain to adjust volume per album. XLD (with ReplayGain settings enabled) doesn't seem too make a difference, since mp3gain still makes adjustments to the files ripped.

XLD and ReplayGain

Reply #1
ReplayGain only stores its information in a tag. If your player doesn't support it then it does nothing for you.

XLD and ReplayGain

Reply #2
ReplayGain only stores its information in a tag. If your player doesn't support it then it does nothing for you.

True, but it doesn't answer my questions.