Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there any way to make separate tabs in album list showing directori (Read 2164 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there any way to make separate tabs in album list showing directori

Is there any way to make two separate tabs in album list showing different directories?

I want to make separate tabs for Singles, Albums, EPs etc which updates automatically as I add files using File Operations.

Appreciate any help
M

Edit: Sorry about the title, didn't come out as planned...

Reply #1
insert as many album lists as you want into the tabs of a tabbed container. or just work with a single instance and use custom views.

Reply #2
I suggested zotune come here to post a topic, but didn't tell him where to post it, sorry.

I also posted some suggestions for how the Album List could be modified to fit his needs, a feature idea.

Attached to an instance of the Album List element, the user could right click on a folder in the tree view and set it as the root node, which it would remember until that root node no longer exists, or would notify the user if the root node is no longer valid.

He explained his need to have those separate views, and that each view, be it Singles or Albums, would also be in a different root directory for directories view. Such an option could also be useful for declaring a few directories deep from the item as the base nodes, followed by nodes for the tag data, and set a specific directory as the root for a particular instance of the Album List.

Reply #3
insert as many album lists as you want into the tabs of a tabbed container. or just work with a single instance and use custom views.

But will this allow me to have the album lists throughout the different tabs indexing separate windows directories? i.e "C:\Albums / C:\Singles / C:\EPs"

In regards to why anyone would need this. Singles are often released on blogs/soundcloud etc nowadays, they have a tendency to become cluttered, putting them in a windows folder with a tool that indexes them (seperating it from the well organized list of albums to avoid clutter) would be highly appreciated. A playlist doesn't truly meet these requirements as it becomes tedious to manage because one would have to update it along with file management, playlists are usually designed mainly for collecting songs that share common traits already present in the library - not indexing new ones.

This may or may not already be possible in the current revisions of foobar2000, we were unable to figure it out.

Reply #4
Hmm... try creating different views in Album List with these (I didn't test them as my directory structure is different than yours):

$if($strstr($directory($replace(%path%,:,),$sub($sub($len(%path%),$len($replace(%path%,\,))),1)),Albums),display this)

$if($strstr($directory($replace(%path%,:,),$sub($sub($len(%path%),$len($replace(%path%,\,))),1)),Singles),display this)

$if($strstr($directory($replace(%path%,:,),$sub($sub($len(%path%),$len($replace(%path%,\,))),1)),EPs),display this)

Essentially what these strings should do is check to see if the root directory has Albums, Singles or EPs in its name and display the contents of each as you stipulate in the display this part. The digits in red stipulate the directory it should use counting down from the root directory, which is 1 in most cases.

If the strings work, you could then assign each view to the instance of Album List in each tab.

Crossing my fingers on these and hoping they work for you.

EDIT:

On second thought, you might consider tagging your files with a custom tag, if possible, which would stipulate its "type". Then you could use something like the following (at least for the root node,anyway):

$if($stricmp(%customtag%,Album),display this)

$if($stricmp(%customtag%,Single),display this)

$if($stricmp(%customtag%,EP),display this)

Tagging files can make customizing your library much simpler.