Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: UPnP MediaRenderer output | discussion (Read 239638 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: UPnP MediaRenderer output | discussion

Reply #150
I tried to select Jplaystreamer - Jplay6.2 as UPnP renderer on fb2k v1.3.13 and foo_out_upnp v1.0 beta15 but it didn't work. :'(
I mean Jplaystreamer isn't shown on the output device in the preferences of fb2k.

Does anyone success on that ?

Reply #151
Hi!

The foobar2000 stops with "format error" when I try to stream to my Yamaha R-N301 stereo reciever a 192/24 FLAC file. The recciever supports the format. 44/16 works well. What is the problem. The pause function also doesn't work.

thanks

Reply #152
Hi,

Before that, I can't select the media renderer -  JPLAYStreamer at the Device in fb2k.

Preferences > Playback > Output > Device

I can see other ASIO drivers, DS drivers and renderers. However JPLAYStreamer isn't shown on the drop-down list.

Regards

Reply #153
Hi,
another raspberry pi 3 user here XD
I tried capture some packets between "foobar2000 + foo_out_upnp" and "mpd + upmpdcli",
when foobar2000 output format set to 32bit,
it seems like stream.wav in captured packet contain noise output.
But if output format set to 16bit, the sound is fine.

Could you possibly support 32bit output...?
Thank you!!

Reply #154
It does support 32 bit output, floating point, but not the pointless integer format, where 24 bit is more than sufficient to carry all that inaudible noise.

Reply #155
Hi,
maybe it could be some bugs when set to 24 / 32bit output..
At first I thought it was the audio decoder issue on upnp renderer side, I assumed 32bit floating format cannot be decoded on the fly, so it was only noise sound. But the MPD developer suggested capturing some data sent by foobar2000, and the results indicated audio data was noisy before decoding...

Reply #156
I second the request for allowing 24 and 32 bit output format. It does not work for me also  :(

Reply #157
Reporting success on the Xbox One and a Sony KD series "smart" TV.

Few requests:

* Some indication that the plugin is working, but hasn't found any output devices.

* Ability to stream the raw audio instead of transcoding to PCM.

* Track info?

* Add a link to this discussion thread in the "about" box so I don't keep losing it

Reply #158
Works like a charm on Win7x64 fb1.3.15 and Pioneer VSX-924 receiver
The only issue is PAUSE btn [II] wich stops with: "Unrecoverable playback error: UPnP device error: Action Failed"

Reply #159
English.
The module is constantly crashing.
Tested it on two different computers and different devices for playback.
Win7 (32 bit)
Foobar v 1.3.15

Playback devices:
Panasinic Viera TV
-Network receiver ONKYO tx nr 737

Network connections:
Wi-Fi, wired Ethernet.
Wired and wireless connection are made router D-LINK DIR-615

Playing music on the network devices were tested for both types of connections.

In all variants of connection or playback problem occurs.
After the start of the track, the device switches to the network correctly playback. The track begins to play on the network device.

After some time (it can be from 10-15 seconds to 1-1, 5 minutes), the track suddenly stops. And the device via 3-4 seconds disconnects from the network play.

Configuring the module options ("buffer length", "Dither", "output data format") does not solve the problem.

If anyone knows how to solve this problem (or is it you can't fix), please write to my e-mail address and in this forum.

Thank you!

РУССКИЙ:
Модуль постоянно дает сбои.
Проверял на двух разных компьютерах и разных устройствах воспроизведения.
Win7 (32 bit)   с Foobar v1.3.15

Устройства воспроизведения:
-TV Panasinic Viera
-Сетевой ресивер ONKYO tx nr 737

Сетевые соединения: Wi-Fi, проводная Ethernet.
Проводное и беспроводное соединение производятся роутером D-LINK DIR-615

Воспроизведение музыки на сетевые устройства проверялись во всех вариантах.

Во всех вариантах соединения или воспроизведения возникает проблема.
После старта трека, устройство корректно переключается в режим  сетевого воспроизведения.  Трек начинает воспроизводится на сетевом устройстве.

Через некоторое время (это может быть от 10-15 секунд до 1-1,5 минут) трек внезапно останавливается. И устройство через 3-4 секунды отключается  из режима сетевого воспроизведения.

Конфигурирование опций модуля ("buffer length", "Dither", "output data format") не решают на эту проблему.

Если кто-нибудь знает, как это исправить (или это невозможно), прошу написать на мой e-mail  и в этот форум.

Спасибо!

ab111@mail.ru

Reply #160
24bit transmission doesn't work on current version 1.0 beta 15, released on 2016-03-24.
White noise comes from speakers. This is reported several times by different users in this thread.

When will it be resolved?

Reply #161
Hi there,

I just tried to install foo_out_upnp in my foobar2000 to stream chosen songs or playlists to my DLNA-AV-Receiver Yamaha RX-V3067.

After switching to 'RX-V3067' in 'Preferences > playback > output > device' I immediately was able to hear my songs using my Receiver.

But in contrast to a streaming of flac-files using microsoft's media player, using foobar's added streaming-ability, no information about artist, album or title to be displayed reaches the receiver. Only the song's name 'foobar2000 audio stream' is displayed, none of the other informations given by microsoft's media player.

Why?

Is there any hidden configuration, where I'd be able to stream further informations to be displayed at my receiver? Album-name? Artist-name? Song-Name?

André

In addition to that:
When I click on pause at the yamaha, foobar pauses. But if I click on paust at foobar200, I get the following error:
Unrecoverable playback error: UPnP device error: Transition not available

Closing the error message and clicking on play again is starting the song from the beginning. I cannot use the pause-button in foobar2000 while streaming to a dlna-device.

Why? Is there any possibility to take influence on this behaviour?

Reply #162

Hello,
Is the project abandoned?
cordially

Reply #163
It is not. Peter is busy with mobile foobar2000 and other paying work though.

Reply #164
Thank you,
As reported several times, 24bit and 32 bit transmission doesn't work on current version 1.0 beta 15. White noise comes from speakers.

Reply #165
Also apparently pausing does not work, as reported several times.

My case:
- Windows 8.1 64 bit
- foobar2000 1.3.16
-  foo_out_upnp plugin (1.0 beta 15)
- Sony Bravia TV KDL-50W829

Playback works, pause gives "Unrecoverable playback error: UPnP device error: Action Pause failed"

Regards and thanks for the great plugin,
David

PS:
But in contrast to a streaming of flac-files using microsoft's media player, using foobar's added streaming-ability, no information about artist, album or title to be displayed reaches the receiver. Only the song's name 'foobar2000 audio stream' is displayed, none of the other informations given by microsoft's media player.
I see this too. Is this a bug or not implemented at all? Would be nice to have.

Reply #166
Hello folks,
I'm not quite sure if my topic belongs here, but I'll give it a try. So, please bear with me!

I've been using fb2k on a Windows HTPC for quite a long time now. Recently, I set up a DLNA speaker (Libratone Zipp Mini) and used this component (UPnP MediaRenderer Output) to stream the music to the speaker. However, after a few minutes the music always begins to pause for a few seconds and it becomes worse until the music eventually stops at all - regardless of the WiFi signal qualities, WMM settings and so forth. At the end of a series of test in order to find the reason of this issue (which involved checking all WiFi/LAN settings), I switched to another streaming software (StreamWhatYouHear) which works just fine - even together with regular fb2k output. Therefore, the issue must be related to this UPnP MediaRenderer Output component IMHO. Has anybody experienced similar issues or might have a clue what the reason could be and how to fix it?

BTW: I tried changing the output buffer, too. But that didn't help neither.

Best regards,
fuggi

Reply #167
Addendum:
I shall mention that I found the settings of this component only after submitting my first post. If I understood correctly, it only supports WAV or PCM streaming formats. That might be the reason since I use MP3 with StreamWhatYouHear. Anyways, I'll try the LPCM streaming tweaks the next days and let you you if it has any effect.

Best regards,
fuggi

Reply #168
Hi folks,
here are the results: Though the LPCM streaming tweaks slightly affected the time to failure, the stream still stopped eventually. Hence, I guess it is the missing MP3 streaming format which is the cause of this issue.

Luckily, StreamWhatYouHear offers it and works well. Only drawback of this alternative is that it allows me to stream to only one output device from a computer.

Best regards,
fuggi

Reply #169
visualizations don't work when this output plugin is selected?

I thought they use data before it reaches the output renderer.

Reply #170
For me, I use the plugin to stream to a Libratone Zipp box. After some seconds, output either gets interrupted or stops completely. Unfortunenate, the other Foobar component also doesn't work, for other reasons. Is there something one can do to extract debug messages from the component?

Reply #171
When I play a 24 bit 96kHz FLAC, it is played too slow. I guess the samples are played 44100 per second.

The destination is a Sony Bravia KDL-50W828B TV.

Playing the same file (with foobar2k) over "Primary Sound Driver" (main board audio) works fine.
Also streaming it with WMP to the same TV works OK (after install MFFLAC so WMP can play FLAC files).

MFFLAC page: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mfflac/

Reply #172
Reporting success on Cyrus Lyric 09.
Test environment: Win8.1 (64bit), Foobar2000 v1.3.16, UPnP MediaRenderer Output 1.0 beta 15
Cyrus Lyric 09 with firmware 2.3 as UPnP Renderer
Music source: HQ internet radio 320kbps MP3

Output data format: OK for all 16/24/32-bit
Issue: After changed to other output data format, connection between Cyrus Lyric 09 and foobar upnp output is lost (Unrecoverable playback error: UPnP device error: could not connect), need to power off/power on Cyrus Lyric 09 to get work again

Wish: Cyrus Lyric 09 only shows "foobar2000 audio stream", while foobar can show Title & Artist information. Hope UPnP Renderer site can get synced with foobar.

Reply #173
Hi,

I've installed properly the compenent but my DLNA Arcam Solo Music doesn't appear in the devices selection (Preferences > Playback > Output > Device)...
Anyone could advice me on how to check that ? Please ?

Reply #174
Hi, I hate do emphasise this but anyone could help me please ? I really don't understand what could be wrong . So if anyone is having an idea ....I've tried so much forums and done so much researches with no results I don't understand :/