Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 873391 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #150
Thanx, Ran Sagy, I see. I've installed the v2 component quite recently, though - when foobar 1.1.7 was young, so to say. The world's changing rapidly

And yes, the option would be invaluable since, strangely enough, there's no such thing as free, portable, well-known and reliable lyrics synchronizer on the web (as long as the most popular MiniLyrics is still a notorious nagware).

Technically thinking, it's easy to imagine a function that inserts timestamps from the current track into an unsynchronized lyrics text. However, from a fooBAR component developer's viewpoint, that might be a pretty sophisticated task, I don't know..

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #151
A feature i would love to see once all the possible online sources are implemented:

possibility to download lyrics for a whole selection of songs. I mean this as replacement for lyrics_grabber.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #152
@staringfrog

Just to be clear, foo_uie_lyrics3 obtains lyrics, including synchronised ones, from the same souce as MiniLyrics but without the nag... foo_uie_lyrics3 also obtains lyrics from other sources. An automatic way of syncing unsynced lyrics is nonetheless appealing, if technically possible at the level of precision required.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #153
@staringfrog

Just to be clear, foo_uie_lyrics3 obtains lyrics, including synchronised ones, from the same souce as MiniLyrics but without the nag... foo_uie_lyrics3 also obtains lyrics from other sources.

Aha, I'll surely give it a try. But in many (if not most) cases, synced texts are unscrupulously transcribed. That's true even for PF and LZ' lyrics. Plus, you'd have to re-sync all tributes, remixes and takes and all that jazz  Moreover, the majority of songs in the world are simply unsynced. So, a built-in synchronizer would be handy and - given that foobar's the experts' choice these days - would facilitate the sync job a great deal.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #154
Btw, is it possible (with foo_uie_lyrics3) to save lyrics both in tags and in text files (simultaneously), for compatibility reasons?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #155
Come on. You can look through the options as well as anybody. Save setting picked from a single drop down list.  What do you conclude?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #157
I'm getting this error when manually skipping tracks, it happens in some and if I replay it the popup doesn't show up:

Could not update tags (File is already in use) on:
"D:\Desktop\Mp3\Unmoored\Mp3\Albums\2000 - Kingdoms Of Greed\Unmoored - 04. Torchbearer.mp3"

Has this also been addressed on the future version?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #158
Why don't people try the latest before asking if it has/doesn't have certain issues or features? i mean, Not like trying does you any damage

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #159
@the vern

great version of lyrics-plugin !!

till now i've been running the T.P.WANG version of the lyric-plugin. now i've tested lyrics3.

i've found a bug: displays the wrong lyric, when %title% and %album% have the same tag-name (tested more than once, with several albums); T.P.Wangs-version do it correct.

i store lyrics to file only (%filename% is unique)
my settings:
local file search: F:\_Lyrics\%filename%
save method: save to user defined directory
custom directory: F:\_Lyrics
lyrics association: says correct path !!

a question to association manager:
why you need this?
if %filename% is unique there's no need for ? so this could be omitted ? or i'm wrong ?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #160
It's not working, don't show any lyrics results, for any music, every music I try to search a lyric I get "found nothing", I'm using latest version (0.14), the same thing happened in lyrics uie v2.

The plugin looks better now but didn't work for me. :/

Edit: I think this problem is because my connection.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #161
It doesn't seem to be working for me neither. It was working a couple of days ago. This also lead me to realize that the auto save to tag function is not working neither.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #162
Why don't people try the latest before asking if it has/doesn't have certain issues or features? i mean, Not like trying does you any damage

Because we are talking about the upcoming version.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #163
- It'd be nice if I could create a blank lyric file in the local directory with the correct name. For example you could use a method like: "Open with external editor (will create a new file if none exists)"?

Though not exactly what you are asking for, this can be achieved via foo_run. Something along the lines of the following - entered in Service properites path:
"C:\Program Files\Notepad++\Notepad++.exe" "C:\Folder\Path\FolderOfYourChoice\ %artist% - %Title%.txt"

Only works as  notepad.exe '"C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\lyrics\'%artist% - %title%.txt'"'
(didn't try with notepad++)

(Thanks to cse)

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #164

Because we are talking about the upcoming version.

Well, People were talking about issues or if features are in v3 when they use v2. Hence my comment.

By the way, It seemed like nitpicking a bit to me, but a confirmed crash repro is using the menu item 'Next Lyrics' while a search for lyrics is still going on.

EDIT: Also, It seems both the Viewlyrics.com (Shows MiniLyrics login page?) and chartlyrics.com (site is dead) sources are not working anymore.
Which leaves us only with LyrDB, which isn't that comprehansive. lyrics.wikia.com would be nice, among the many others mentioned here.
I find that right now i don't get lyrics for most of my tracks.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #165
I confirm that chartlyrics.com and viewlyrics.com are currently not returning lyrics. LyrDB is working but on my connection was often failing to find lyrics present at the site. Increasing the internet settings timeout from 1500 to 15000 milliseconds gave a vast improvement.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #166
As far as I can gather, viewlyrics.com is currently being upgraded, hence lyric downloading has been suspended. Hopefully it will be back soon.

As Ran Sagy said, the Chartlyrics.com website is no longer active. It will be removed from the list of lyric sources (provided the site doesn't reappear).

Thanks for reporting the crash bug Ran Sagy, I was unaware of this. It should be simple to fix. (It's now fixed)

"D:\Desktop\Mp3\Unmoored\Mp3\Albums\2000 - Kingdoms Of Greed\Unmoored - 04. Torchbearer.mp3"

I don't have a lot of control over this error message as the tags are updated through fb2k. All I can do is hide it - which I have now done.

I've not had any problems with automatic tag saving. Can anyone else confirm this? Dexter_prog can you provide some more details? (save settings, source of lyric trying to save, any error messages and anything else which might be relevant)

Once again apologies for the lack of releases, I am still very busy. I should have a little more free time this weekend though, so I will hopefully release an new version soon.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #167
Thanks for the hard work, It's really appreciated! Glad i could be of any sort of help.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #168
Can you please add option to output search strings to console as a debug?

I can't make it find local lyrics no matter what I do

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #169

I don't have a lot of control over this error message as the tags are updated through fb2k. All I can do is hide it - which I have now done.
That should be enough for me at least

I've not had any problems with automatic tag saving. Can anyone else confirm this? Dexter_prog can you provide some more details? (save settings, source of lyric trying to save, any error messages and anything else which might be relevant)
Well, I can't because it isn't finding lyrics now. That's how I realized that it hadn't saved some lyrics (been listening for the same albums for the past week)
Once again apologies for the lack of releases, I am still very busy. I should have a little more free time this weekend though, so I will hopefully release an new version soon.

No problem man, this project is awesome even if it is updated slowly

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #170
foo_uie_lyrics3 stopped finding lyrics. It was working flawlessly and a few days ago it stopped -- if there is already a lyric then it's display OK, but no new ones are found. It's weird because there is no results also for the tracks that already have lyrics that were grabbed by the plugin earlier (and yes, I've checked after removing the tag with mentioned lyric to avoid being stuck with the 'local search'). There is also nothing of interest in the Console. Any idea what can be wrong / how do debug the situation?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #171
See posts #161 - #167

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #172
With foo_uie_lyrics2, other components like "Item details" can use $if(%lyric_exists%,$if(%lyric_issynced%,SYNCED  )LYRICS) code to identify whether lyrics exist or not. With foo_uie_lyrics3 this does not work. Is there any way to get it working ?

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #173
Using the defaut tag names the following should work (not tested):

$if(%LYRICS%,SYNCED LYRICS,$if(%UNSYNCED LYRICS%,LYRICS))

If you have changed the default tag names then alter the code accordingly. However, this requires that the lyrics are saved in the tags and will not work if you are saving the lyrics as file.

foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #174
Using the defaut tag names the following should work (not tested):
$if(%LYRICS%,SYNCED LYRICS,$if(%UNSYNCED LYRICS%,LYRICS))
If you have changed the default tag names then alter the code accordingly. However, this requires that the lyrics are saved in the tags and will not work if you are saving the lyrics as file.

I never save lyrics to tags. With foo_uie_lyrics2 my code works flawlessly, foo_uie_lyrics3 is no go. Seems foo_uie_lyrics2 emits something other components can read.