Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Do I need Columns UI to switch images in the album art panel? (Read 6285 times) previous topic - next topic

Do I need Columns UI to switch images in the album art panel?

I have come up with a very nice layout in foobar with the Default UI. However, I am completely lost on how to get the foo_uie_albumart to scroll through all the images I may have in a folder for a given track. I have attempted to get this to work in the Default UI as I have had great difficulty in setting up foobar in the Columns UI mode.

[a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/layoutvu.jpg/" target="_blank"]

Reply #1
My question is: do I need to use the Culoumns UI mode to adjust the behaviors for the display of my images in the art panel or can this be done in the default UI?

I would use ESPlaylist http://foo2k.chottu.net/ for playlist viewing.
Double-clicking on the header of an album changes to album art display (in different view styles). Double-clicking again goes back. But not easy to understand in the beginning. There are much settings and view styles. 

I love the perfect handling of rating stars. Stars are independent of fonts! Clicking for rating is possible (together with quick-tagger as short-cuts or as "rating editing" command), and so on.

Reply #2
The way I read this, the OP is happy with his layout.
He wants to know how to get the artwork panel to auto-cycle/scroll through all images located at the active music folder .
There is a WSH Panel Mod artwork viewing script around which would satisfy all his wishes (at the 'WSH Panel Mod script-discussion-help' thread) .

I use the script myself. The last version of the script can be found at this post here

Reply #3
Hi... thanks for the tip... however, I am used to installing just those .dll components and have no idea where to begin to do this. Any pointers on how to start?

The way I read this, the OP is happy with his layout.
He wants to know how to get the artwork panel to auto-cycle/scroll through all images located at the active music folder .
There is a WSH Panel Mod artwork viewing script around which would satisfy all his wishes (at the 'WSH Panel Mod script-discussion-help' thread) .

I use the script myself. The last version of the script can be found at this post here

Reply #5
I have attempted to install the WSH_Artwork_Viewer 7zip file without success. The components window says "Could not load component "WSH_Artwork_Viewer.7z": Unsupported format or corrupted file".

I have also attempted to unpack it and place the folder in the components folder. Any tips on why this won't install are appreciated?

I attempted the drag and drop into the components window. I also could not install it when selecting the "install" button in the components window. I simply could not see the file through the windows dialog box. Very strange.

I was also wondering if I need to be in the Components UI mode or if my Default UI mode is okay for this plugin?

Thanks,
Shawn

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...all_a_component

you then need to use layout editing mode to add a panel to your layout.

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...ut_Editing_Mode

Reply #6
Any tips on why this won't install are appreciated?

I have not downloaded it, but I'm guessing that WSH_Artwork_Viewer.7z is only a script, not a component that can be installed.

First you need to install WSH Panel Mod.

Then add a WSH panel to your layout.

Then click on the panel, and paste the text of the artwork viewer script into the WSH configuration window.
(delete / replace the existing script)

I was also wondering [...] if my Default UI mode is okay for this plugin?

Yes, WSH Panel Mod is compatible with the Default UI.

Reply #7
Actually it contains images as well as various other bits and pieces.... perhaps you could take a look at it? I don't know if I will be able to find the script in it after installing the WSH panel.

Shawn

Reply #8
I'd take a look if I could get the file from a host that doesn't require registration. There isn't a README file in the latest download? Surely there is just some sort of a text file containing the javascript, along with supporting folders and files that all get copied to your %appdata%/foobar2000 folder.

Reply #9
I did extract it, but it just had pictures and folders. the txt documents seemed to talk more about the features, rather than how to install the script. I will need to take another look, but I did not see a script of any kind. I am a newbie to configuring foobar. your help is appreciated.

I'd take a look if I could get the file from a host that doesn't require registration. There isn't a README file in the latest download? Surely there is just some sort of a text file containing the javascript, along with supporting folders and files that all get copied to your %appdata%/foobar2000 folder.

Reply #10

the script text is within ''WSH Artwork Viewer_v1.2.txt''

the ''EIKO'' folder goes into your /Images folder (as instructed by ''!!!  READ ME 1st  !!!.png'')

Reply #11
[!--sizeo:3--][span style=\"font-size:12pt;line-height:100%\"][!--/sizeo--]Install WSH_Artwork_Viewer panel - step-by-step instructions[/size]

<foobar2000 profile> == folder containing foobar2000.exe (portable mode) == %appdata%/foobar2000/ (installed mode)

(1) Install the "WSH Panel Mod (foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod)" component to your <foobar2000 profile> :
Code: [Select]
http://code.google.com/p/foo-wsh-panel-mod/downloads/list

If you grabbed the .fb2k-component package and foobar2000 is installed and registered in your system,
      then install it by double-clicking on it. Or follow the next step . . .

If you grabbed the .fb2k-component package and foobar2000 is portable (or installed),
      then install it by going it to "File->Preferences->Components" and click the "Install" button and browse to the ".fb2k-component" file and select it.

If you grabbed the .zip package and want to unpack/copy the files manually to your <foobar2000 profile>,
      then place all the WSH Panel Mod files into this path: <foobar2000 profile>\user-components\foo_uie_wsh_panel_mod\"all the WSH Panel Mod files"

(2) Download the WSH_Artwork_Viewer .7z file package from my personal file-hosting account :
FILE............: https://rapidshare.com/files/3049000247/WSH_Artwork_Viewer_1.2-r0LZ.7z
FILE SIZE.......: 485 KB
FILE CRC-32.....: 84cc4493

Contents of "WSH_Artwork_Viewer_1.2-r0LZ.7z" :

EIKO                                               <<<<<<<<<<<<<< a folder containing all the resources used by the script
      !!! READ ME 1st !!!                            <<<<<<<<<<<<<< look at it.
      WSH Artwork Viewer_original.txt          <<<<<<<<<<<<<< the original script (works with WSH Panel Mod up to version 1.4x)
      WSH Artwork Viewer_v1.2.txt             <<<<<<<<<<<<<< the newer script modded by r0lZ; try using this first.

(3)Unpack the WSH_Artwork_Viewer .7z contents :

Place the "EIKO" folder at "<foobar2000 profile>\images\EIKO\" .
      Place the other files anywhere you want .

(4) Edit your foobar2000 layout and create the WSH_Artwork_Viewer panel :

Create a panel for WSH Panel Mod in your foobar2000 layout and then import one of the the scripts into the panel.

If it is a brand-new WSH panel, you will be presented with a "Create your script" button; click it ... the "WSH Panel Mod Configuration" window pops up ... click on the "Tools" button at bottom left, and import the script (text file).

If you are re-using an old WSH panel which has previously had a script, you will not see the "Create your script" button; in this case, right click in the panel to select “Configuration” from the context menu.

To prevent the panel from crashing on unexplainable errors ... Go to "File->Preferences->Tools->WSH Panel Mod", and remove the check mark from "Safe mode", and click "Apply"

(5) Tweak the panel properties - configure the source paths for the artwork :

Right-click your WSH Panel Mod panel and go to the Properties page, and make sure all paths look correct

then go to this line: "B02.Image.SourceFormat" , and copy-paste all this string data into the right-side edit field:
<embed>||$directory_path(%path%)\folder*||$directory_path(%path%)\%filename%*||$directory_path(%path%)\01*||$directory_path(%path%)\02*||$directory_path(%path%)\03*||$directory_path(%path%)\04*||$directory_path(%path%)\05*||$directory_path(%path%)\06*||$directory_path(%path%)\07*||$directory_path(%path%)\08*||$directory_path(%path%)\09*||$directory_path(%path%)\10*||$directory_path(%path%)\11*||$directory_path(%path%)\12*||$directory_path(%path%)\13*||$directory_path(%path%)\14*||$directory_path(%path%)\15*||$directory_path(%path%)\16*||$directory_path(%path%)\17*||$directory_path(%path%)\18*||$directory_path(%path%)\19*||$directory_path(%path%)\20*||$directory_path(%path%)\21*||$directory_path(%path%)\22*||$directory_path(%path%)\23*||$directory_path(%path%)\24*||$directory_path(%path%)\25*||$directory_path(%path%)\26*||$directory_path(%path%)\27*||$directory_path(%path%)\28*||$directory_path(%path%)\29*||$directory_path(%path%)\30*||$directory_path(%path%)\31*||$directory_path(%path%)\32*||$directory_path(%path%)\33*||$directory_path(%path%)\34*||$directory_path(%path%)\35*||$directory_path(%path%)\36*||$directory_path(%path%)\37*||$directory_path(%path%)\38*||$directory_path(%path%)\39*||$directory_path(%path%)\40*||$directory_path(%path%)\41*||$directory_path(%path%)\42*||$directory_path(%path%)\43*||$directory_path(%path%)\44*||$directory_path(%path%)\45*||$directory_path(%path%)\46*||$directory_path(%path%)\47*||$directory_path(%path%)\48*||$directory_path(%path%)\49*||$directory_path(%path%)\50*||$directory_path(%path%)\*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\folder*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\%filename%*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\01*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\02*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\03*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\04*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\05*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\06*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\07*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\08*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\09*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\10*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\11*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\12*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\13*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\14*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\15*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\16*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\17*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\18*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\19*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\20*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\21*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\22*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\23*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\24*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\25*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\26*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\27*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\28*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\29*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\30*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\31*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\32*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\33*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\34*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\35*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\36*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\37*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\38*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\39*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\40*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\41*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\42*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\43*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\44*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\45*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\46*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\47*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\48*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\49*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\50*||$directory_path(%path%)\folder\*||$directory_path(%path%)\+\*||$directory_path(%path%)\art\*||$directory_path(%path%)\arts\*||$directory_path(%path%)\artwork\*||$directory_path(%path%)\artworks\*||$directory_path(%path%)\book\*||$directory_path(%path%)\booklet\*||$directory_path(%path%)\cover\*||$directory_path(%path%)\covers\*||$directory_path(%path%)\coverscans\*||$directory_path(%path%)\doc\*||$directory_path(%path%)\docs\*||$directory_path(%path%)\documents\*||$directory_path(%path%)\graphic\*||$directory_path(%path%)\graphics\*||$directory_path(%path%)\image\*||$directory_path(%path%)\images\*||$directory_path(%path%)\img\*||$directory_path(%path%)\musicpic\*||$directory_path(%path%)\pic\*||$directory_path(%path%)\pics\*||$directory_path(%path%)\pictures\*||$directory_path(%path%)\scan\*||$directory_path(%path%)\scans\*||$directory_path(%path%)\etc\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\%filename%*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\01*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\02*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\03*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\04*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\05*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\06*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\07*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\08*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\09*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\10*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\11*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\12*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\13*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\14*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\15*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\16*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\17*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\18*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\19*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\20*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\21*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\22*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\23*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\24*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\25*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\26*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\27*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\28*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\29*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\30*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\31*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\32*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\33*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\34*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\35*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\36*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\37*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\38*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\39*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\40*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\41*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\42*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\43*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\44*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\45*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\46*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\47*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\48*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\49*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\50*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\folder*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\%filename%*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\01*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\02*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\03*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\04*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\05*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\06*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\07*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\08*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\09*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\10*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\11*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\12*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\13*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\14*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\15*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\16*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\17*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\18*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\19*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\20*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\21*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\22*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\23*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\24*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\25*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\26*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\27*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\28*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\29*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\30*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\31*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\32*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\33*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\34*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\35*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\36*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\37*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\38*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\39*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\40*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\41*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\42*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\43*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\44*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\45*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\46*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\47*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\48*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\49*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\50*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\folder\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\+\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\art\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\arts\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\artwork\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\artworks\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\book\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\booklet\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\cover\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\covers\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\coverscans\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\doc\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\docs\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\documents\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\graphic\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\graphics\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\image\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\images\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\img\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\musicpic\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\pic\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\pics\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\pictures\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\scan\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\scans\*||$left($directory_path(%path%),$sub($len($directory_path(%path%)),$add($len($directory(%path%,1)),1)))\etc\*|| %foobar_path%\lastfm\album\%artist%-%album%*||%foobar_path%\lastfm\artist\%artist%*||

All done, enjoy your auto-cycling artwork viewing panel.

Reply #12
I have attempted to follow these instructions, but when I add the script, which is a text fiel to the WSH mod panel I get an error message

Scripting Engine Initialization Failed (WSH Artwork Viewer v1.2 by EIKO, mod by r0lZ, CODE: 0x80020101)
Check the console for more information (Always caused by unexcepted script error).

Here is the script I have imported

I also looked at the ReadMe, but I have no idea what to do with all of that information.

I have also copied the small bit from the console... sorry for adding that long string of code.

Error: WSH Panel Mod (WSH Artwork Viewer v1.2 by EIKO, mod by r0lZ): Microsoft JScript runtime error:
Automation server can't create object
File: <main>
Ln: 134, Col: 1
<source text only available at compile time>

I do appreciate all your help

Thanks,
Shawn

Reply #13
What the—

I thought full-quoting for no reason was bad enough, but:

Did it not, at any point, strike you that perhaps you should wrap that absolutely gigantic script within a codebox, or sanitise it in some other way, so that readers do not have to scroll for about thirty screens just to go from one post to the next? And, as if that weren’t enough, you had to post it twice.

My head hurts.

Oh, I suppose I should ask whether you followed its advice to “Check the console for more information”

Reply #14
SACD-MAN, you nearly got it right . . . but you ignored something from section (4) . . . I will repeat it:

To prevent the panel from crashing on unexplainable errors ... Go to "File->Preferences->Tools->WSH Panel Mod", and remove the check mark from "Safe mode", and click "Apply" .

After you click the "Apply" button, foobar2000 will pop up a message saying:

Applying these changes requires foobar2000 to be restarted. Continue?

Click the "OK" button.

When foobar2000 restarts your artwork viewing panel will be working. Have fun.

MAKE SURE YOU COPY THAT MASSIVE LINE OF CODE FROM SECTION (5), AND PASTE IT INTO PROPERTIES AS EXPLAINED.

It is one VERY long line and the easiest way to copy it is to do this:
CTRL+A on this whole web page, then CTRL+C to copy, then open a text file with Notepad on your desktop, then CTRL+V into the text file,
then in Notepad, choose Word Wrap, then scroll down and you will see the code block. Copy it all and then go to your WSH Artwork Panel properties page and paste.

---------------------------------------------

A personal note:

I think the original script is less buggy and works better than the later modded one by r0lZ !!!

The script that r0lZ modded seems to have some unfinished code sections; one glaring example of this is the mouse wheel.
When the panel is working perfectly, you can hover your cursor over the panel and roll the mouse wheel and the images change as fast as you can roll.
This feature is not working in the script modded by r0lZ.

The original script works with the latest WSH Panel Mod and foobar2000, so no problems using it.
The only feature which is no longer perfect in the original script is the reflection function, but I don't use it so I don't care.

In my own foobar2000 (using the original script), I keep the panel dimensions square, then in the context menu I choose "no reflection",
and "do not keep aspect ratio", and "stretch image".

---------------------------------------------

Reply #15
AHA! Thanks so much for this.... very coool!!! 

Sorry that I haven't been too bright about this... I do have a few more questions...

I would like this to sort through any images I may have in my folder containing a given album... is there a setting I am missing somewhere for this?

Also, how do I change the background color?

Ooooppps... found the reflections button!!

I am also checking out the help file now... lots of good information there!

I do appreciate all of your help guys! You are great! And thanks for helping me!!

Shawn

Reply #16
Special thanks to derby2 and trout and all here at the forums... got everything working that I wanted to with the image viewer... a very cool and sophisticaed piece of software for foobar. All the best!

Shawn 

Reply #17
@derty2
Thanks a lot for the very good clear and logical "Install WSH_Artwork_Viewer panel - step-by-step instructions". 
5 Stars for you !!! ***** !!!

Erich

Reply #18
All done, enjoy your auto-cycling artwork viewing panel.

I was playing around with this and I can't seem to make it change background colors (item F2 in properties I believe - I tried different RGB values, but it remains white). I simply want black instead of white - any tips?

Reply #19
I agree, it is a glaring obvious omission from such a fabulous script. Unfortunately the original author forgot to include such a simple and useful option !!!
You would have to modify the script yourself. . .it's a pretty long (over 2500 lines of code !!). I'm sure someone like marc2003 would be able to pinpoint the exact location in the script to change the background color. I have tried editing it a bit myself but so far no success.

If any JS gurus out there reading this post want to give 5 minutes of your time and have a look at the script, it would be highly appreciated +++

Reply #21
I figured out how to change the background color . . .

Open the script (i.e. get to the "WSH Panel Mod Configuration" window)

Paste this at the start of the script after the preamble comments:
// ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
function RGB(r,g,b) { return (0xff000000|(r<<16)|(g<<8)|(b)); }

// You can change the background color to suit yourself by entering your RGB color numbers here,
// choose. . .

//var backgrcolor = RGB(34,28,28)  //<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< color is very dark brown
var backgrcolor = RGB(0,0,0)  //<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< color is black
//var backgrcolor = RGB(212,208,200)  //<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< color is toolbar grey
//var backgrcolor = RGB(255,255,255)  //<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< color is white

then hit CTRL+F to open the 'Find' dialog, and search down the script for this string:  function on_paint

when found, add the text you see here in red:
function on_paint(gr) {
    gr.FillGradRect( 0, 0, window.Width, window.Height, 90, backgrcolor, backgrcolor);
    if (window.Width < 10 || window.Height < 13) return;
    gr.SetSmoothingMode(Properties.Image.SmoothingMode);
    gr.SetInterpolationMode(Properties.Image.InterpolationMode);

Image && Image.OnPaint(gr);
}

OK/Apply ... Done!

Thanks to mjm716 for getting me off my arse to have a look at it; it was useful for me too!

Reply #22
OK/Apply ... Done!

Thanks for your help and to marc2003 as always for being as obsessed with Foobar as I've become - happy holidays! =D