Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [crashware] foo_uie_lyrics2 (Read 479034 times) previous topic - next topic

[crashware] foo_uie_lyrics2

Reply #650
Strange that it is labeled as crashware.

Reply #651
That's definitely strange, since it doesn't crash ever.

Reply #652
To make something constructive out of this, I suggest those of us who have experienced crashes to briefly and coherently describe the circumstances that led to crashes, so that anyone who picks up development can have useful information.

I've only had it crash Foobar when I use this component in combination with foo_preview to briefly play thousands of songs to automatically download and save synced lyrics.  Foobar consistently crashes after a few hundred songs.  I had one song corrupted beyond recovery only once.

I've never had it crash Foobar when I turned off the options to save lyrics.

Reply #653
Just to clarify, I was talking about foo_uie_lyrics, not lyrics2. Lyrics2 definitely did crash when I used it. Never had foobar crash with foo_uie_lyrics running though. Perhaps it does crash if you download lyrics and try to write them to the mp3? I don't know about that, I save them all to one directory.

Reply #654
I wasn't clear enough either.  I use lyrics2 to save synced lyrics within mp3 and flac files.

Reply #655
I tried to compile this in Visual Studio 2010.

I'm amazed how all the header files (.h) have almost all lines of code of the project.  The original developer defined classes and implemented methods in the header files and left the .cpp files for static functions.  That's VERY confusing.

Anyway that was just for fun, this component has never ever crashed on me.  But if I compile it myself, it does crash everytime with an assertion about a subscript out of range.

Reply #656
This plugin's worked great for me until about last week, and since then I haven't been able to fetch any lyrics online. Anyone else experiencing this? I haven't changed anything recently, but oddly it does work for my mate, which signals that the problem lies at my end. I've tried disabling firewall (Comodo), twiddling with the server settings (viewlyrics/lyricsfly etc) and "reinstalling" the plugin. None of these worked.

Any suggestions in case I'm really alone with this? I'm running the latest versions of both (stable) Foobar and this plugin.

Reply #657
you are not alone. with a trivial search you will learn the issue is with lyric providers and not any of the various components

Reply #658
you are not alone. with a trivial search you will learn the issue is with lyric providers and not any of the various components
Heh, alright, but I have no clue as to what to search for. Mind pointing me at some direction?

And cheers for the reply.

Reply #659
This plugin's worked great for me until about last week, and since then I haven't been able to fetch any lyrics online. Anyone else experiencing this? I haven't changed anything recently, but oddly it does work for my mate, which signals that the problem lies at my end. I've tried disabling firewall (Comodo), twiddling with the server settings (viewlyrics/lyricsfly etc) and "reinstalling" the plugin. None of these worked.

I'm also having same problem does anyone know any solution

thanks

Reply #660
As mentioned two posts up, it is a problem with lyric providers not your component. It is not a problem related to your component or foobar2000.

It has been mentioned the last couple of weeks within the thread of the current version of the component. http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....0338&st=175

Reply #661
As mentioned two posts up, it is a problem with lyric providers not your component. It is not a problem related to your component or foobar2000.

It has been mentioned the last couple of weeks within the thread of the current version of the component. http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....0338&st=175
Never even knew lyrics3 existed. Thanks, this clarified things up.

Reply #662

Never even knew lyrics3 existed. Thanks, this clarified things up.

Yeah.... Someone could have mentioned the to the people following this topic that someone picked up development...

Reply #663
The google code project seems to be deleted, does anyone have the source code?

Reply #665
See #602

Re: [crashware] foo_uie_lyrics2

Reply #666
Hello
I need foo_uie_lyrics2 for an older theme
Does anyone have a working link or can share it here.
Thanks in advance

Reply #667
foo_uie_lyrics2_0.4.6.15
http://foobar2000.xrea.jp/up/files/up1145.7z
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #668
Is there anything foo_uie_lyrics2 can do that foo_uie_lyrics3 cannot?
I am waiting for foo_openlyrics to mature - developer is assigning milestones for two or three future releases, so I have my hopes up. And, someone did post the code to pull lyrics from Metal Archives, which maybe was the big thing missing for me.

Reply #670
I am waiting for foo_openlyrics to mature - developer is assigning milestones for two or three future releases, so I have my hopes up. And, someone did post the code to pull lyrics from Metal Archives, which maybe was the big thing missing for me.
ME TOO, and also a fix for the fact that the MusixMatch search code mistakenly requires an album name to successfully perform a search, making that source non-existant for use with radio stream metadata.

The developer indicated to me in a now-closed comment last week that he anticipated the next release "in a month or two."  Yikes.

Reply #671
@Air KEN

Thanks for the link
You helped me a lot with that.
I need it to get data from an old theme,
which I otherwise would not have been able to do.
In my theme I use ESLyric 0.5.4.1006

Greetings