Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Output Component Support in 0.9.1 SDK ? (Read 7795 times) previous topic - next topic

Output Component Support in 0.9.1 SDK ?

Hi,

I still cannot find the output component support in the new 0.9.1 SDK or the sources for the new "official" ASIO component. It seems that the developers of foobar2000 don't want that other developers are creating output components for fb2k....

Do I miss something ? 

nRaecheR

Reply #1
It seems that the developers of foobar2000 don't want that other developers are creating output components for fb2k....

It certainly looks that way, but nothong official has been said.  Last I heard was that the output SDK hadn't been completely finalised.

BUT - I am satisfied with the output plugin we have right now.  What did you have in mind?

Reply #2
I second what Funkstar said. Too many uninformed users were using things like ASIO and Kernel Streaming just because they're more technical/esoteric, not because they're in any way superior (they're not, especially for an audio player, where latency is a negligible issue).

Reply #3
It's me again, nRaecheR, it seems that my original account has been closed/disabled/etc. after I wrote the prevoius forum post, now I always get a message that I haven't got permission to access the forums    ....and the "contact the forum moderator" email address is invalid (mailer@)....so I created a second account.... 

BUT - I am satisfied with the output plugin we have right now.  What did you have in mind?

I'm the author of the OpenAL output component and I just want to port/update it to foobar2000 0.9.x...I'm not very happy with the missing support for 3rd party components of the new version of fb2k. In my opinion the extensibility of foobar2000 was one of the best features of it, for my part I will stick with 0.8.3 as long as there is no real support for 3rd components and I believe others will do the same or they will switch to other players...

Reply #4
Nonsense.

1) generally, 3rd party components are obviously supported, please be more accurate.
2) as has been said before, 3rd party output components will likely be supported in the future, however at the moment the output api is not finalized.

No FUD please.
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #5
2) as has been said before, 3rd party output components will likely be supported in the future, however at the moment the output api is not finalized.

But when will the output API be finalized ? Why are there a couple of components (KS, DS, ASIO) when the API is not "final" ? When is a API "final" ? The API seems final enough to release two non-beta versions of fb2k....okay, we have to wait but some kind of roadmap would be very nice....