Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: See through CoverArt, make it as you want ! (Read 32298 times) previous topic - next topic

See through CoverArt, make it as you want !

Search Coverart

- right click and release OUTSIDE look open browser with google search for artist.

- right click and release INSIDE look open browser with slothradio cover search AND open directory, now simply drag and drop image in directory!!!

- Mousewhell open dsp manager and equalizer

- left double click hide foobar AND coverart  (if preferences/minimise to system tray is activated)

- when no cover , display default little image.
Music is my first love.

Reply #1
Do you think you could add the ability to have the album art correspond to the currently  playing track rather than the currently selected. I tend to run foobar without follow cursor turned on so it would be a nice feature. Thanks for the look, I love it.

Reply #2
Any possibility to inserting the following function?

get cover art from id3 if not found get cover art from folder...

something like that - I'm not a coder so... no idea how to do it.
Doesn't have to be the standard but maybe I can add it myself!?

thx in advance melomane

JD

Reply #3

Yep, that will be great

Reply #4
Hi melomane
I already changed a few things in your great and simple script but I just don't find the function which describes the background position after the doubleclick - I lost the mini art a view times because it jumps out of the Monitor focus!

JD

Reply #5

Yep, that will be great 

NO!

No! it's not possible to insert that function?
or
No! it won't be great?

Reply #6
No problem.

solved my goal by copying all my tagged cover arts to the folders.

But are other things configurable?

- As asked before: The albumart position when changing from mini to standard?
- Seems that my cover art gets resized...is it possible to use original size? When I change the "width/height" then the picture gets cut!
- I don't want coffee but what about a tea string? 
[edit]:
- I cut out the
Code: [Select]
function onplaylistfocuschange(this,from,to)
updateImage(this,to,1)
end
The Standard (BIG) Mode works correctly but not the Mini mode: It changes the art when you are already in that mode but it displays the "current selected" when you switch back to mini.
[/edit]

Thanx,

JD

//edit: spelling

Reply #7
tried to download the attached file and got

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

Reply #8
I still have this on my HD, date is 7th April.

Reply #9
I still have this on my HD, date is 7th April.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=224653"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thanks

Reply #10
This script owns.

However, I would like to make a few modifications and I am not familiar with LUA.

How would I add a 1 pixel border around the album art providing the script is not using the defaultArtFile (which I have set to a transparent pixel).

Also, how would I add the %artist, %album, etc underneath the album art.

Thanks.

Reply #11
Could it be possible to make this look a panel for the new Column UI alpha?  Right now I'm using it on top of a 'fake' (unused) Album Panel that has the exact same size as the cover, but it will be great if this could be a real panel 

Reply #12
Could it be possible to make this look a panel for the new Column UI alpha?   Right now I'm using it on top of a 'fake' (unused) Album Panel that has the exact same size as the cover, but it will be great if this could be a real panel 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=244486"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, is not possible!

but  try latest version: surprise!!!

go to first post for script
Music is my first love.

Reply #13
No, is not possible!

I'll continue with my 'fake' solution 

but  try latest version: surprise!!!

Thanks, I'll try it asap (at work right now  ). As I see from the script it seems to search for front, back, cd strings in the filename isn't? Is there an option t switch between them? (for ex. by a click on the image).

Reply #14

Thanks, I'll try it asap (at work right now   ). As I see from the script it seems to search for front, back, cd strings in the filename isn't? Is there an option t switch between them? (for ex. by a click on the image).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=248638"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

no, i don't know!
ask on foo_look tread
Music is my first love.

Reply #15
IIRC, the default look can cycle through available images. But, it's image detection doesn't work very well for me.

Reply #16
i have used default look albumart lua and sprite for  see_trought_albumart

behavior  is same as default look
sorry for my bad english
Music is my first love.

Reply #17
Hi Melomane, thanks for your new script, I like the fact that this auto-hide (fade) when you minimise foobar.

But:

- The minimum width is 250, everything smaller (ex. 215) don't resize the image, it crop it. Previous version didn't do this. Could you please allow to resize to a smaller value (<250) without croping the image? 

- I've been trying to find out but I can't: How do you disable the cover to fade when you have the mouse over it?

- What value do I have to change (if it's possible) in order to make quicker the fade out when you minimise foobar?

Reply #18
- The minimum width is 250, everything smaller (ex. 215) don't resize the image, it crop it. Previous version didn't do this. Could you please allow to resize to a smaller value (<250) without croping the image?  
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=248731"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

when you change width it's necessary to set coverwidth
ex. for width 215 set coverwidth 205

I've been trying to find out but I can't: How do you disable the cover to fade when you have the mouse over it?

set    trans = 100

What value do I have to change (if it's possible) in order to make quicker the fade out when you minimise foobar?

set  fade2 = 100
see script at the top of tread, now i think it's clair.
if not  email on french
Music is my first love.

Reply #19
[see script at the top of tread, now i think it's clair.
if not  email on french
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=248761"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Merci. Now everything is working as I want. Except the weather....

Reply #20
I have noticed that the cover art is not refreshed when using "shuflle" mode.

I have also the foo_shuffle plugin.

Any idea ?

Reply #21
I have noticed that the cover art is not refreshed when using "shuflle" mode.

I have also the foo_shuffle plugin.

Any idea ?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=250708"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Edit look
delete this:

function onplaybacknewtrack(this)
updateImage(this,fb2k_getNowPlaying(),1)
end
Music is my first love.

Reply #22
It worked - Thanks

I had another try with the text at the beginning of this post.  Its seems that when selecting another track for which no image exists, the coverart does not display the defaut image but keeps the previous image instead. Any idea ?

Another request : Would it be possible to have the Cover Art NOT on top of other applications than Foobar ?

Reply #23
how can i modify this skin to make it show nothing whatsoever if album art is not found. or my own personal graphic. i tried to define one in the  defaultArtFile variable but it still shows the gray box with foo looks version 2.1 on it.

Reply #24
how can i modify this skin to make it show nothing whatsoever if album art is not found. or my own personal graphic. i tried to define one in the  defaultArtFile variable but it still shows the gray box with foo looks version 2.1 on it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=251124"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

JUst change the default PNG (looksversion.png) with your own personal graphic, I did and it works