Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I can't play any audio [solved: was a Windows driver issue] (Read 5699 times) previous topic - next topic

I can't play any audio [solved: was a Windows driver issue]

SOLVED
After using foobar for probably a year and a half with no prior issues whatsoever, today I turned on my laptop and booted foobar.  Everything was going fine until I hit play, at which point the following error message appeared: 
Unrecoverable Playback Error:  The Parameter is Incorrect (0x80070057)

I have searched this forum, and used google quite a few times to try and find answers, but so far, none of the advice has helped.  I updated from 1.1.11 to 1.1.13, and then proceeded to do a fresh install, after backing up my foobar AppData folder.  I'm still receiving the same error message, and I'm just getting really frustrated, especially since the wonderful program that foobar is has never caused me any problems in the past.

I haven't changed anything about my computer since yesterday (settings, hardware, etc.) so this is all just really confusing to me.  I also checked to make sure I had the latest audio drivers from the manufacturer website, but they're all up to date.

Thanks in advance for any help.

System Specs:
Dell Inspiron 1501
AMD Turion 64 Mobile MK-36 @ 1.99GHz
895MB of RAM
Windows XP Media Center Edition, SP3
SOLVED

Reply #1
Could you provide your fb2k output configurations.

Reply #3
Just solved the issue.  Checked Device Manager, and under the audio section, "Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer" showed an error.  I uninstalled the device, restarted the computer, and the error is fixed.  Sorry for wasting your time, but thank you for trying to help anyways.

Reply #4
I wonder why the driver suddenly broke? But all's well that ends well!