Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: File, Add Folder does not add tracks to my media library/album list (Read 2204 times) previous topic - next topic

File, Add Folder does not add tracks to my media library/album list

I just added a folder to the media library (FILE/ADD FOLDER, select the folder then click SELECT FOLDER). A process bar then flashes onto the screen before disappearing. However, when I try to find the album in my album list it is not there. Am I missing something (apart from the album!) ?

Reply #1
You added the content of the folder to a current playlist.

Use the following: File > Preferences > Media Library > Add...

Reply #2
OK, thanks. That wasn't very obvious from the context.

The folder in question is already within one of the folders in the media library. I have added about 6 big folders to my media library, based on genre.

I don't have to rescan the whole parent folder (around 500GB, which takes ages) every time I want to add an album do I ?

Reply #3
If your media library is set to monitor, for example, C:\HerpDerp\Music\, then everything that you plonk into C:\HerpDerp\Music\ will be automatically and immediately added to the media library, without the need for a manual "add" operation.

Reply #4
Ah, thanks! I tried that, and the album appeared. However, only around half the tracks appeared ! Strangely, tracks 5-13 appeared, though tracks 1-4 and track 14 are missing!

Edit: Just noticed that the main folder in question says "Error!" in the media library preferences! I clicked "rescan now", and then they appeared.

Why might this have happened?

Reply #5
There must have been an error.

Generally the console (view->Console) will give more explanation where there is an error with the Library.
elevatorladylevitateme