Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_quicksearch (Read 659346 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #725
foo_uie_quicksearch crashes my fb2k randomly(Not using it filter anything), a little frequently 

I use foobar 1.0 beta5 Win 7 x86.
foobar Trouble shooter says that foo_dsp_soundtouch, foo_customdb may be the trouble makers.
However, 'Details' at Windows 7 APPCRASH dialog says it is caused by foo_uie_quicksearch....

Before I use foo_uie_quicksearch, fb2k seldom crashes...

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #726
I was trying to figure out a way to make a sort of playlist "Jump to letter" kind of function in my fb2k. I'd like to be able to just click on a letter and have foobar jump in the playlist to the first occurance of either an artist or album starting with that letter. (If you know what I mean, does anyone know any means of doing this?)

Anyway, I tried to workout some system with the help of quicksearch, trying different settings to see the results of the searches. This is when I noticed that everytime I select 'Search type' as 'Prefix' and 'Tagz strings...' to 'Album (Artist)' foobar2k crashes and the reason is foo_uie_quicksearch.dll.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem? I'm using the newest component version and fb2k v1.0. (Win7 x64)
It's not a huge problem... but I thought I'd let you know incase it wasn't known.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #727
Yes Impulse^, I've got the same problem with 0.9.6.9 on XP

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #728
Reproduced here ... thanks for reporting.
I will fix for the next version that I plan to release with the new SDK.
It may take a while however.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #729

Thanks - at least we know it is coming.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #730

Will it be possible to add the autoplaylist support and the ability to change the font in the next version?

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #731

Sweet! Native search has improved in foobar, but I still find that Quicksearch has a lot to offer. I'm waiting anxiously.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #732
Thanks a lot for this great component. 

Also, I'd like to echo durch's suggestion, it would be great to see:

Would be great if we could do Context Commands

Quicksearch for same .../Album Artist
Quicksearch for same .../Band (instead of Album Artist, for compatibility reasons)

Maybe even better: additional customizable fields.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #733

it crashed my foobar 1.0 too here (randomly) on Seven x64

any ETA for the new version Nemo ?

Thanx by adavnce for your feedback

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #734
request: it would be great if there was an option not to activate target playlist...

thanks for this great component!

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #735
Will it be possible to add the autoplaylist support and the ability to change the font in the next version?

+1

it's my favourite search tool in fb2k 
more or less, minus is best

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #736

Hi, i use the quicksearch plugin very often and for years. is it possible to integrate it in the default user interface, so i can choose it in the layout editing mode without having columns ui ? this is for those people who use the default skin.

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #737
Would it be possible to allow titleformatting to generate queries? I'd love to be able to do a search like this:

%genre% IS $nowplaying($replace(%genre%,; , OR '%'artist'%' IS ))

In addition, it'd be very nice to be able to assign keyboard shortcuts for certain search patterns

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #738
hi all,
@NEMO7538

1-is it possible to NOT have quicksearch component focused when foobar start? (if quicksearch is in a visible panel or toolbar)

2-I dreamed of being able to:

a-"favoritize" NOT ONLY a query but also a multiple set of query's pre-parameters to be able to recall it more easily.
b-"reset" those sets to a parametrable favorite one

and last point, but less important for me:
c- have an autocomplete search box that will look both in history and favorite sets and will returns possibilities queries "ala Internet Browser search box".

i explain myself:
I m not "demagogic" saying that your pluggin is one of the most powerful. My point of view is only mine, but the most powerful can also be the most complicate one for a "non usely user of foobar":
I m a hard user of foobar. in my case, if i make a query and the result return false, i can say to myself that maybe, the set selected is not adapted, and i can go to the rightclick menu to manage it.
If a friend come front to my foobar; use quicksearch (imaginating that it will function as itune or wmp) he will be surprised to have a false result and wouldnt think of manage the parameter of query.
I know that my friends 's skill is not your fault 
but if we could have point "a" and point "b" we could easily:

-determine an 'each-one user' default trio of parameters that could be recalled OR NOT after each particular query.
-set ourself favorites query's "trio" pre-parameters.

If this sort of request, is for you, absolutely stupid or nonsense, i'm sorry, and dont spend time to answer. But if it has some interest for you, but some hard to understand (due to my poor english) just ask me to be clearer.

anyway, i never took time before to thanks you for your work and component, so ... THANKS YOU.
cheers

foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #739
Hi, i use the quicksearch plugin very often and for years. is it possible to integrate it in the default user interface, so i can choose it in the layout editing mode without having columns ui ? this is for those people who use the default skin.

I'm working on it at the moment ...

Re: foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #740
You can do that with Facets but I supposed that if you do not like that particular component your is pretty useful.
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

Re: foo_uie_quicksearch

Reply #741
Did you add the mood info by yourself, track by track, or in some automatic way?

Thanks.