Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nokia phones, MP4 tagging, and sort order (Read 2033 times) previous topic - next topic

Nokia phones, MP4 tagging, and sort order

My Nokia phone (X3) will sort mp3 files automatically based on the id3v2 track number field.  (Apparently it even supports id3v2.4.)  It will not sort AAC (M4A) files though.  The files were encoded with the nero command line tools and tagged with foobar2000.

I wonder why sorting doesn't work with aac files.  Is it because the tagging method / scheme is somehow incompatible with the phone?  If so, how can I fix it?  What else might I try?  Does anyone have experience with this?  Are there several tagging schemes / standards with MP4 (as with id3)?

Reply #1
Any hints on what I might try (different tagging standard?) to get this working?  Or do you think it's just a bug in the phone software?

Reply #2
By default foobar2000 adds tags at the beginning of a MP4 file.

Is your Nokia able to sort as desired if you change the tag location to the file's end? You can find this setting in foobar's preferences / Advanced / Tagging / MP4 -> End of file.

Please note that this is a proposal only, I don't have a Nokia phone to check it myself.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.