Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Beck (Read 4059 times) previous topic - next topic

Beck

is this cd any good? i liked the single "loser" and i just bought it on half.com for 1.99 ! I should've bought that cd earlier like old sublime records i just caught onto, but its the best cds that slip right past my hand

Beck

Reply #1
Hell yes, though i prefer his more folky stuff like you would find on Mutations or Sea Change.

There are some damn funny lyrics on there. Beck is the only musician i've ever heard who writes tongue-in-cheek lyrics that actually get funnier with further listening instead of just being novelty.

Beck

Reply #2
For 1.99 you don't ask how good a CD is.
You just get it.
But Mellow Gold is very good, altough I prefer Odelay!
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Beck

Reply #3
Mellow Gold rocks. 'Nuff said.

Beck

Reply #4
Nice! i got a sweet deal than!

Beck

Reply #5
Hell yes, though i prefer his more folky stuff like you would find on Mutations or Sea Change.

That's funny because I have Beck's last four albums and I prefer his funky, fun party music like Odelay & Midnite Vultures. To each their own I guess. I just prefer it when he lets loose and entertains, as opposed to his more introspective songwriting on the albums you mention.

Beck

Reply #6

There are some damn funny lyrics on there. Beck is the only musician i've ever heard who writes tongue-in-cheek lyrics that actually get funnier with further listening instead of just being novelty.

I totally agree.....His folk stuff along with Mellow Gold is awsome. Everything after that was f*cking gay. I give one exception to two turntables. Everyone changes, his stuff after Mellowgold was nothing like his old self.

-Darin
Cowon Iaudio X5 30 gig. It rocks!

Beck

Reply #7
i received the album today... ..listening now!