Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: which flash player? (Read 5032 times) previous topic - next topic

which flash player?

Title says it all.  I've never owned a DAP, this will be my first.  Just want something for working out really.  Something in the 2-4GB range, supports playlists and has an FM radio. 

Ideas anyone??

Thank you,
Ron

which flash player?

Reply #2
Heh, since the topic is already there... I'm also looking for a DAP in the 2-4GB range, internal memory or SD-card.

Important features:
- good audio quality (of course)
- Ogg Vorbis support
- long battery life
- UMS interface

Thanks for any suggestions.

which flash player?

Reply #3
Heh, since the topic is already there... I'm also looking for a DAP in the 2-4GB range, internal memory or SD-card.

Important features:
- good audio quality (of course)
- Ogg Vorbis support
- long battery life
- UMS interface

Thanks for any suggestions.

May I suggest the Samsung YP-Z5. Ogg Vorbis support is not mentioned anywhere, but many users reported that it actually does play Vorbis. It can be switched between MTP and UMS after a firmware update.

which flash player?

Reply #4

Something in the 2-4GB range, supports playlists and has an FM radio.

Sansa e200 Series

Very good suggestion!
What's more a Rockbox port for it has been started!

@MedO: as you prolly know with Rockbox you get Vorbis support as well as many other nice features.
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

which flash player?

Reply #5
I think that iAudio U3 2GB is a good choice. It supports MP3, OGG (q-2 ~ 10), FLAC (0 ~ 8), WMA, WAV and even can play XVID movies - which I personally think is a bit unnecessary.

which flash player?

Reply #6
I searched a bit and found you can get the Samsung YP-Z5Q for only around 130€, which is completely in my price range. From a few reviews I have read I can confirm that it seems to play Vorbis. But I'm not completely sure about one feature....

I often read eBooks on my Palm device. Now I see that the Z5 can read and display text files, so I'd like to know if the device is practical for reading eBooks. I don't care much about formatting etc, plain text is enough, but does the Z5 remember where you stopped reading and support bookmarks in the file? I searched the web a bit but couldn't find more information on that feature.

which flash player?

Reply #7
The only one DAP that has both features implemented: support for OGG and SD extension slot is QUMO Video Bluetooth

which flash player?

Reply #8
I searched a bit and found you can get the Samsung YP-Z5Q for only around 130€, which is completely in my price range. From a few reviews I have read I can confirm that it seems to play Vorbis. But I'm not completely sure about one feature....

I often read eBooks on my Palm device. Now I see that the Z5 can read and display text files, so I'd like to know if the device is practical for reading eBooks. I don't care much about formatting etc, plain text is enough, but does the Z5 remember where you stopped reading and support bookmarks in the file? I searched the web a bit but couldn't find more information on that feature.

You should go to a Z5 user forum. There is www.z5lounge.com - I think there will be someone able to answer your question.

(My guess is, that the text reading is very basic so it wouldn't support bookmarks - but that's just my guess...)

which flash player?

Reply #9
hmmm, from what I read on z5lounge there seems to be no support for text viewing at all. But the player really seems to be good and the price is ok. A Rockboxed player might be an alternative then. I'll have a look at some other players to compare a bit... 130€ is still quite a bit for a student like me, so I want to have a look around before deciding  . I didn't do this last time and ended up with the stupid player I have at the moment.

which flash player?

Reply #10
I just noticed that the displays of these devices are too tiny anyway... eBook reading would probably be a pain. My Palm is already quite bad for the eyes, but this would be too much.

Thanks for all the advice, I'll probably get one of the Z5's.