Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: column width auto-size per single-album (Read 1554 times) previous topic - next topic

column width auto-size per single-album

column width auto-size per single-album settings

foobar should auto-size column-width depending on single-albums:
e.g. the title-column should be as wide as the longest title on this album.
you could achieve this with a scan-function:
scan all files with the same %album%-tag for the longest title (and artist - in case of a compilation)

example:

(btw: char limitation feature not included)

rad would be a feature for character limitation, adjustable for each tag-caterory, so e.g. track-titles with more than 10 chars would be cut off by the next category by using ellipsis. (this would also be cool as standalone plugin!)
e.g.: %title% ->limit to 20 chars
The Fucks - Don't Fuck with my m...

The main difference to columns_ui is that this requested plugin here is depending on single-albums. I request this cuz I'd love to have a slim and narrow player.

Is there already a plugin with these features?
Do you think this is programmable/manageable?

column width auto-size per single-album

Reply #1
Something like this can easily be achieved with the Default UI (or even Columns UI with only one column).
To put it short: use $cut() to cut down too long tags and $tab() to achieve the feel of columns.