Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Offset correction lacking under Apple Lossless? (Read 2951 times) previous topic - next topic

Offset correction lacking under Apple Lossless?

Hi,

Does anyone know whether the lack of an offset correction using Itunes encoding in apple lossless necessarily produce the minute sample loss at the end of each track?

If so what is the quick description of how to use EAC to produce files which Itunes can then import track for track?

Thanks

- Richard -

Reply #1
Well I'm not familiar with I-Tunes but if it's lossless the offset problem is conected only to the reading CD drive and the ripping tool, not encoder...
Sorry for my poor English, I'm trying to get better... ;)
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Reply #2
I don't know about the offset, but I do know an easy way to go from eac to itunes, if you don't mind wasting cpu cycles. I rip to flac, then used this program called dbpoweramp to convert the flacs to wma lossless with tags. iTunes can import these wma files no problem.
There must be a better way though, but this is what I've done.
BTW- I don't use itunes for playback because it suddently started crashing my computer. I use winamp 5 with the media library instead. I had originally started using iTunes for it's rendevous feature, and was just converting my existing flacs into aac through the above process.

Reply #3
One of the members of this board created a slick script that allows you to rip in EAC, then the track is automatically encoded to Apple Lossless in iTunes with all the tags.  That's what I use all the time.  Then I burn everything to DVD-R for backup directly from iTunes (PC) and import into iTunes on my Mac (which I use for everything but games and EAC).

Do a search and you should find it.  Brilliant.

Reply #4
One of the members of this board created a slick script that allows you to rip in EAC, then the track is automatically encoded to Apple Lossless in iTunes with all the tags.  That's what I use all the time.  Then I burn everything to DVD-R for backup directly from iTunes (PC) and import into iTunes on my Mac (which I use for everything but games and EAC).

Do a search and you should find it.  Brilliant.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Here you go:
[a href="http://otto.homedns.org:8888/iTunes/iTunesEncode.zip]http://otto.homedns.org:8888/iTunes/iTunesEncode.zip[/url]

It's not a script anymore, but an actual executable. In fact, I've been considering updating it, because they added some new tricks in iTunes 4.7 that make it more reliable to do this sort of thing. Expect changes within a week or two.