Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Where can I find Open source HE AAC V2 Codec? (Read 7600 times) previous topic - next topic

Where can I find Open source HE AAC V2 Codec?

I'm finding Open source HE AAC V2 codec.

Frist, I tried to decode HE AAC V2 stream using faad2,
But the decoder couldn't decode the stream.

If anybody know where the open soure HE AAC V2 Codec is, please let me the information.

Thanks.

Reply #1
I think libfaad should be able to decode HEv2, but you could also look at Helix AAC.  Its not GPL, but is open source, and in some ways it is significantly better then libfaad.

Reply #2
I think libfaad should be able to decode HEv2, but you could also look at Helix AAC.  Its not GPL, but is open source, and in some ways it is significantly better then libfaad.

I used faad2 at http://www.audiocoding.com/ but the codec could not decode my test stream
The test stream is AAC HE V2.
And the error message is:
            "Error: PCE shall be the first element in a frame".

The faad include the following function,
And i think the function doesn't HE AAC(V1,V2) option.

int8_t can_decode_ot(const uint8_t object_type)
{
    switch (object_type)
    {
    case LC:
    case MAIN:
    case SSR:
    case LTP:
    }

return -1;
}

Reply #3
There's the Monogram DirectShow AAC Decoder.
Note that it is published as GPL, yet I couldn't find a link to the source. On the other hand, I didn't look too hard.

I've recently began trying it, in order to decode AAC-HEv2 audio streams on recorded DVB-T video. It recognized some of the streams, not all.

-- L. Ipsum