Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Do you dedupe your library? (Read 9177 times) previous topic - next topic

Do you dedupe your library?

Reply #25
For the most part, yes I do. The revelation came when I found I had 11 separate copies of The Hollies "The Air That I Breathe". It's a nice enough song, but did I really need 11 substantively identical copies? I nominated one to the be "definitive" version (the one off of the original 1974 album), and deleted the rest. It felt a little like murdering my children, but in the end it was for the best.

One curious thing did result: I have a fair number of compilations of 1970s and 80s music (mostly from Time/Life, but lots elsewhere too). If it was a band I liked, I would have acquired the band's albums, and so in the de-duping process deleted the corresponding songs from the compilations. The net result: Folders of compiled tracks from bands I don't like. But it makes for a fun playlist -- track after track of crap.

Reply #26
In praise of depuping his library, flaminio wrote that it gave him...
Folders of compiled tracks from bands I don't like. ... track after track of crap.
...I wish you were in marketing. The world would be a more honest and entertaining place.

Cheers,
David.

Reply #27
That is what those samplers are good for, I guess; getting customers to buy what they like - and when it is done, then they are left with duplicate tracks and unwanted tracks, right?