Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Monkeys Audio Check Sum (Read 2831 times) previous topic - next topic

Monkeys Audio Check Sum

Since today I've decided to encode with MAC.Why?because CD-R's are dirt cheap  and my time isn't, thats why.(First you do it all at 256 CBR then -r3mix, now --alt-preset, its confusing, but you don't want to give up quality).

Anyway It's good.I decoded my first encoded album and compared the wav's with the originals in EAC 100%: exact copies, to the bit.

But I've read some stories here about cpu's, routers and other hardware corrupting the monkeys 
Anyway I do the verify thing and its all good I suppose, but EAC doesn't automatically verify(I rip&encode in EAC with one click).
SO I verify after i encode an album or two in MA.

Anyway "verifying" in MA is checking to see whether the checksum in the APE file is accurate compared to the data in the APE file.....
And EAC puts the checksum it found in the comment field......

Can't I somewhere read the checksum in the APE file and compare it to that of EAC(which is both in the comment field, as well in the log file).Preferably automatic.
Hasn't anybody coded a unofficial checksum extracter?