Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TROLLING] Biased moderation ? (Read 7637 times) previous topic - next topic

[TROLLING] Biased moderation ?

I've just seen that some users here where promoting their own software (TagScanner, GodFather... and of course FB2K but we can't blame PP/ZzzZZ for spamming here, on his own board  ), but some month (years ?) ago the developper of K-MP3 was banned, re-banned and rere-banned for that purpose... isn't there something wrong in this ?

Reply #1
Stop advertising for this software or you'll get banned like K-MP3's author was !
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Taken from [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=20682&st=75]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....pic=20682&st=75[/url]

What's the point in telling us things like these? With that kind of attitude you are likely to follow him...

Reply #2
I've never seen zZzZzZz advertise foobar2000 in any way.
He doesn't even post a news item once a new version is released.

Other developers use HA.org actively as a platform to communicate with their users, not for simply plugging their tool wherever they can.
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

Reply #3
Concernining ZZzzzZ, i was joking, this is not advertising at all ;-)

In fact I was just chocked by all the mess that happened here concerning K-MP3. I use this software and i contacted its author for assistance... We talked a bit, he solved my problem and since i found K-MP3 a good app I asked why he would come here, like TagScanner author do ....

Reply #4
Other developers use HA.org actively as a platform to communicate with their users, not for simply plugging their tool wherever they can.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=228105"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Maybe but it seems that some would like and can't ...

Reply #5
The K-MP3 author has been everything but cooperative towards the HA.org community and its moderation, tried to evade his ban several times and shown a general disrespect for the HA.org TOS.

The moderation team does not want (or need) to give a troll like him a platform.

Reply #6
[I'm talking with him on ICQ at the same time... ]

Yes but he sent me pictures massively posted on HIS forum by HA mod team... that was not very nice too...

He said he wantsto be concilliant but that every discussion opportunity with HA staff was rejected

Reply #7
It's really a shame that both of you, who are experts in their own domains can't even agree on simple things.

Reply #8
What simple things?

The first ban of the KyleKatarn happened even before I became a moderator and since then we had to struggle with his attempts to evade the ban (and advertise his software) multiple times.
I don't see why we should annul this decision we made, especially since he has just further demonstrated his immaturity and inability to comply with the rules this community is based on.

Reply #9
Maybe simple zealotry like this one:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=22812
led to his ban.

VideoToolbox, by far the best !

But it's funny to read that you don't want someone to promote Tag Scanner but promote VideoToolbox in another thread. Not to mention the author of this piece of software.

Reply #10
By "simple things" I mean stopping what he calls "flame wars" and let him the opportunity to help users like me.

To be honest, i don't care about both of you "personnaly", both seems to do an excellent job (you as a moderator, him as a developper) and i find very frustrating having to go on a little undergroung forum to find assistance for my forvorite applications when i see all the competent people here.

I do think that HA is THE PLACE do discuss about audio-related stuff, and that's why developpers (and dev0  ) have their place here.

Why shouldn't he come here and being limited to 1 single thread about his software ?

Reply #11
Maybe simple zealotry like this one:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=22812
led to his ban.

VideoToolbox, by far the best !

But it's funny to read that you don't want someone to promote Tag Scanner but promote VideoToolbox in another thread. Not to mention the author of this piece of software.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=228123"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Looks like you've understood the kind of paradox i was pointing out in this very thread   

Reply #12
There's no need to make this a personal issue, since it is none.

KyleKatarn has been banned and will stay banned. The reasons for this are obvious (at least to the majority of this community), this decision has been made and won't be annuled.
If you want support for any application he wrote, use his own forum; I'm sure he'll do everything he can to make you a content user.

Reply #13
TheRoof > What do you mean by "little underground forum"?
You mean all French forums are "underground", even hardware.fr, clubic.com, etc...?

In case, people here don't know, the person we're talking about has been doing the same thing as he tried to do here on every French forum. Sometimes, that is tolerated though.

Actually, from what I know, this person really wants to be back here at HA.org, some kinda obsession... I must confess he's asked me to "help" him for that, which I naturally refused (not my business).

Reply #14
That's what i'm doing.

I know that he his also a member of Hardware.fr forums and that everything is working very fine there :
>> 1 Topic for his software : no more, no less -> no spam, no problems and everyone is very pleased.

I won't argue about this, that's not a personnal problem for me either but it's such a waste...

Reply #15
TheRoof > What do you mean by "little underground forum"?
You mean all French forums are "underground", even hardware.fr, clubic.com, etc...?

In case, people here don't know, the person we're talking about has been doing the same thing as he tried to do here on every French forum. Sometimes, that is tolerated though.

Actually, from what I know, this person really wants to be back here at HA.org, some kinda obsession... I must confess he's asked me to "help" him for that, which I naturally refused (not my business).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=228133"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

By underground i meant his own forum... which has only a few users and sometimes it takes up to 2 days to see someone online...

That's not my business either but i like this apps a lot that why i accepte to be "his voice" here for today... but i won't spend my life fighting for that cause

Reply #16
It seems noone but himself wants him back here either, so what are we even arguing about?

I'm sorry to be harsh, but I'm sick of this discussion since it just proves that the moderation's decision to ban him was right.

Reply #17
Looky, I went out for dinner and Katarn evades ban again.
We are not amused.
Repeated trolling, spamming, posting FUD, violations of TOS #2, #12 and #13 are enough to keep you banned forever, no matter what software you develop. Learn to take responsibility for what you're doing. I also remember you being repeatedly banned from Winamp Forums, for pretty much the same.
I take your personal attacks on me as a sign that I've been doing my job properly.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.