Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Red text in EAC (Read 15477 times) previous topic - next topic

Red text in EAC

[a href="http://img220.echo.cx/my.php?image=redeac0cy.png" target="_blank"]

Red text in EAC

Reply #1

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300724"][{POST_SNAPBACK}]

This is sheer guessing, but maybe the file name is too long for your naming scheme, and is longer than 255 characters with album and artist name?

Did you try another naming scheme, or renaming the track?

Tell me if it works out,
Tristan.

Red text in EAC

Reply #2
Yes I tried cutting the name down to just "You Think" and it was still red.

Red text in EAC

Reply #3
Did you get the track information from freedb, or enter it yourself?

Try clearing the CD information, and seeing if the name TRACK 01 is still in red.
(might be due to lyrics information or something of the sort)
Otherwise, a solution may be to reinstall EAC...  If you think it might be an issue (I know I would consider it, because the time taken to reinstall EAC and reconfigure it proprerly is very short...)

Keep me posted.

Red text in EAC

Reply #4
I wonder if where track 1 starts has anything to do with it. It starts 1:33.02 and I think most CDs start at 0:00.00.

Red text in EAC

Reply #5
I wonder if where track 1 starts has anything to do with it. It starts 1:33.02 and I think most CDs start at 0:00.00.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300740"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ah. good point. that went unnoticed by me. That may be it.  It's odd that the session before it is not visible by EAC though.. Is it a protected CD?  What ASPI layer are you using?

Red text in EAC

Reply #6
I've got the exact "feature". It doesn't seem to be a problem at all, I guess it's an information if a cd is copyrighted.

Red text in EAC

Reply #7
,May 26 2005, 07:12 PM]

ah. good point. that went unnoticed by me. That may be it.  It's odd that the session before it is not visible by EAC though.. Is it a protected CD?  What ASPI layer are you using?

Yes, I think this happens when TRACK 1 has an INDEX 0 entry.

I noticed this myself, and almost raised it, but I recently got a Plextor PX-W5224A from eBay, specifically so I could archive CDs with INDEX 0 entries on TRACK 1, and didn't know whether this had appeared because of the lead-in feature on the drive or the recent installation of EAC 0.95b1.

I am certain that it is on CDs with INDEX 0 entries on TRACK 1 because as soon as I got my Plextor I archived all the CDs (only 3) that I had that I couldn't previously backup - and they all caused the first line to appear in red.

RE: These hidden tracks, to listen to them, put the CD in your hifi hit play, and then rewind.  The player will go into negative time until you reach the start of the hidden track.  Let go of rewind and enjoy.

This thread may have a little more info (can't really remember!).

Edit: LOL - I just bothered to look at your image.  "Songs for the Deaf" was one of the three albums.  (Skunk Anansie's "Stoosh" and Muse's "Hullabaloo Disc 2" were the others).  Here's my post.
I'm on a horse.

Re: Red text in EAC

Reply #8
And Lit's 1999 release A place in the Sun. Track 1 start time 1:47.07.

While the track appears in red, is annoying and perhaps alarming, the disc ripped normally. My rig has a couple cheap Samsung DVD burners, so this may not be the problem it once was?