Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlists Location on Android (Read 1337 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlists Location on Android

Howdy,
anybody knows where the playlists are stored on Android devices?
I'd like to edit them via file manager/text editor as it's way quicker than inside the app.

Thanks.
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Re: Playlists Location on Android

Reply #1
Not something which interests many it seems... :(
WavPack 5.6.0 -b384hx6cmv / qaac64 2.80 -V 100

Reply #2
The application container. In an internal SQLite based format. It's also not exactly pure SQLite, as it's just using SQLite as a container, and storing binary blobs of metadata per row.

Reply #3
I have hunted to find these many times.  Any way to export these though, like for a phone migration or easier PC editing??

I may have successfully retrieved some VLC playlist XML files from it's subfolder under the Android one, so I would want it that easily accessible.

As an alternative, I have been making screenshots to construct an m3u8 text-based playlist file using relative paths to the root of my music library in a playlist folder to avoid this trouble again :(.