Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to fix playlists with Playback statistics component (Read 1130 times) previous topic - next topic

How to fix playlists with Playback statistics component

Well after this happened: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=117381
I'm trying to get the autoplaylists to work, tried updating Foobar, reinstalling playback statistics componenet and nothing, for example the playlist for recently played tracks are not working indicates 0 items, so not sure what to try next.

Re: How to fix playlists with Playback statistics component

Reply #1
So no support whatsoever??
How can I fix it??
If you need more info please let me know.

Re: Autoplaylists not working after data corruption

Reply #2
I can obviously try a new install and exporting/importing settings like playback stats, sorry for my earlier post, please let me know if there's any other way to not recover the lost data/ but to get at least autoplaylists to work.
And as well if is possible change the title of the topic to  "Autoplaylists not working after data corruption"

Reply #3
If you have foo_jesus backups, the playback stats data is stored inside the index-data folder (assuming the component saves that folder). If it does, restore that while foobar is closed.

Reply #4
Yes I had it installed, but at the time the corruption happened the playlist weren't being backed up, and IIRC the stats may had been deleted without the playlists. Maybe is not the playlist only what was corrupted but the media library? that could explain why autoplaylists/search is not working?

Reply #5
Have you already updated to the latest foobar2000 version or are you still on the ancient 1.3 series? Have you fixed your media library configuration? Preferences -> Media Library should list your music collection path(s).
I'd assume having the configuration in order would solve at least your search problems. But if your autoplaylists were damaged you may need to recreate them.
There is always the possibility of manually deleting corrupted files in the profile directory but I really don't believe that should be necessary. foobar should just refuse to load bad data and it should cause no other harm. But there's very little information here and this is all just speculation.

Reply #6
Have you already updated to the latest foobar2000 version or are you still on the ancient 1.3 series?
I'm using latest 1.5.5 Question: if a song is only in a certain playlist but not in the scanned library: should autoplaylist of recently played tracks (of playback statistics) include it?  I also removed all the paths in the media library to try but oddly the library database file size remains 70mb.

Reply #7
No chance whatsoever that those 70mb refer to data in the older lost played info? I recap that auto-playlists of recently played tracks worded so I asume the library had them included... If I can recover at least the autoplaylist/songs played for that lost year... well dreaming is free