Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Batch import/export in Quicktime Pro on Windows? (Read 9304 times) previous topic - next topic

Batch import/export in Quicktime Pro on Windows?

I'd like to batch-convert AVIs to iPod-compatible mp4s using QT Pro, but I'm not aware of any particularly easy method. Apparantly there are several ways to do this in OSX but none for Windows. Some Googling mentions an ActiveX API that can be manipulated, and I suppose I can whip up some VB if I absolutely have to to use that, but hasn't somebody else had this issue before?

Reply #1
Now that's something i'd also be VERY interested in..
At least until i've finally got my own Mac

Reply #2
i think you could use x264 + neroaac + mp4box + some other cmd tools for the job (with some .bat file).
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #3
Yes, you can.. just as you can use MeGUI (which basically doesn't do anything else).

But i'd really be interested in using Quicktime as encoder. Though its by far the slowest encoder, it's the best quality h-264 video encoder that i know

Reply #4
nope, x264 should beat quicktime encoder with any comparision.
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8

Reply #5
Hum.. alright, then it definitelly needs a more intuitive GUI

Reply #6
besides megui there are bunch of them, like staxrip for example, but iam not familiar with them, so i cant comment

Reply #7
I've used MeGUI, but it was really horrible to set it up and the valid input formats are very restricted, at least that was my experience.
What i would need is an easy to use GUI for x264, that accepts AViSynth scripts as input files and produces iPod 5.5G H.264 files with a 640x480 resolution.
MeGUI *does* have such a preset and actually i finally managed to create a file.. but it was very complicated and the audio wasn't sync in the resulting file.
Any recommandations are appreciated, but so far i haven't heared from any other GUI besides MeGUI, that offers a iPod 5.5G profile.

Whatever, thank you for your comments, smok3!

Edit: Jesterware's iPod Sofware also creates file sin the format i want, and it's nothing more than a x264 GUI as well, but they don't shout that fact out too loud..

Reply #8
agentsmith, grab the profile from megui as x264 command line and write a lil .bat file (or get me the command line and i will mod my .bat)