Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AccurateRip confidence numbers (Read 3254 times) previous topic - next topic

AccurateRip confidence numbers

Can the confidence numbers be added if I repeat the following procedures?

1) AccurateRip the CD.
- confidence number 1

2) Burn the CD using the cue and audio files.

3) AccurateRip that new CD again.
- confidence number 2?

Re: AccurateRip confidence numbers

Reply #1
Can the confidence numbers be added if I repeat the following procedures?
Unclear what you intend to ask for:
- If you ask whether you can improve accuracy by doing it this way, the answer is no. 
- If you ask whether you can "retro-verify" by burning a CD and ripping it (as EAC & friends only verify upon ripping): use CUETools instead.

Reply #2
I'm asking if one can plus the confidence numbers by repeating the procedure starting with just one CD source.

Reply #3
Technically, it's possible to artificially inflate the confidence by +1 but it will not mean anything in term of accuracy. It's useless & stupid, it just pollutes the database.

Reply #4
Yeah, that's my assumption. Sorry to hear that. I should not rely on the small numbers then. You know, there could be ill-intended users. One of my findings have 4 confidence numbers with many jitter sounds that are not present in official audio on YouTube. Anyways, thank you for the answer!

Reply #5
If you did not rip the CD yourself previously, then you can rely on a confidence of even just 1. The fact is, two unrelated people have exactly the same resulting rip...

Reply #6
One of my findings have 4 confidence numbers with many jitter sounds that are not present in official audio on YouTube. Anyways, thank you for the answer!
I didn't realize YouTube has "official audio"...    :o

It may be a production error that exists on many or all of the CDs (not an individual defect/reject).   If you hear the same-identical defect when you play the CD on a regular audio-CD player, it's probably a  production error.

...I bought a CD once that had some defects (maybe even some "skipping" or "jitter", but I don't remember) that seemed to be in the original audio data.   From what I remember it ripped without errors (possibly this was before AccurateRip).    There were some other clues, such as the song listing not exactly-matching what was on the disc.    It was from a legitimate retail seller and I believe this was a stamped disc, so I assume they were all the same (and they would give identical AccurateRip results).   So, when I returned it I requested a refund instead of a replacement.   (Don't tell anyone, but I did rip it and I did keep the good tracks.  :D )

I also have some CDs of recordings made before the introduction of tape.  I can hear crackle from the 78 RPM record.

Reply #7
You're right about that! It could be the production error. Nowadays, I buy digital audios rather than physical CDs, but sometimes they have jitters too. I found out that there are few digital stores allow refund for that reason. YouTube audios I mentioned are from recording companies (perhaps for YouTube Red uses). I think they are reliable to compare them with my physical rips. Anyways, I'm going paranoia here. XD