Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foolbar 2000, how to tag (Read 3160 times) previous topic - next topic

Foolbar 2000, how to tag

Hello guys. I have been using CueTools to split .flac, .wav, whatever into flac tracks for a long while. I installed Foobar2000 to rip a TAK into FLAC and it does the job very well. I even think it does everything way better than CueTools. Do you agree or think I should stay with CueTools? What I like about it is that it helps you with tags to choose more than once and you can choose whichever you like, maybe there's a way to put that feature in Foobar2000? That, and the ability to have the flac files automaticly tagged (as in .flac filenames, not the metatags) are the only two things I like from CueTools, the simplicity. If there's a way to do this with Foobar too, the same way, I could delete CueTools and keep Foobar who seems to rip and work better.

What can you say?

Foolbar 2000, how to tag

Reply #1
Thank you everyone for your lovely help.

Holy shit!  A poorly worded question didn't get answered in 190 minutes!

How poorly woorded? It's simple. I've been using CueTools to split FLAC into tracks for a few months. I've gotten foobar 2000 because I needed it for a TAK file. I am first asking, what do you guys recommend me, to keep CueTools or Foobar 2000? If I keep Foobar2000, how do I make it to have the things I want of CueTools (the simplicity and to be able to choose more than one place to tag and be informed first of the tag info, and then, to have the filename of the .flac be the same of the title, instead of the name of the original audio that was splitted.

Foolbar 2000, how to tag

Reply #3
If this is actually about help for foobar2000, it has been posted to the wrong forum.

Ah, shucks. I don't know any other forum then. Do you have any idea of another forum I could ask?

Foolbar 2000, how to tag

Reply #4
Scroll down this list and you will see the forum he's referring to (foobar2000) belongs to this same community.

Edit: "you willl", "not we'll"
Listen to the music, not the media it's on.
União e reconstrução

Foolbar 2000, how to tag

Reply #5
Hello guys. I have been using CueTools to split .flac, .wav, whatever into flac tracks for a long while. I installed Foobar2000 to rip a TAK into FLAC

TAK -> FLAC can be done with CUETools. There was a problem with decoding TAK files in version 2.1.5 but appears to be fixed in 2.1.6.
Just copy takc.exe from applications folder of this package to the CUETools_2.1.6 folder.
korth