Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Discussion of "Default UI Gallery" (Read 377143 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion of "Default UI Gallery"

Reply #125
I absolutley love the new foobar.  However, I noticed that with album list you can longer just click on a folder or album and it be sent to the playlist, you now have to press ENTER. 

Is there any way of changing this?

No. You can doubleclick instead of select and ENTER though.

Reply #126
I absolutley love the new foobar.  However, I noticed that with album list you can longer just click on a folder or album and it be sent to the playlist, you now have to press ENTER. 

This is the singular, only reason I still use Columns UI + Album List Panel, vs the new (and otherwise excellent) default UI.

Reply #128
Right click your genre facets, under statistics there should be a "subgenre" click that.

NOTE: The subgenre statistic exists ONLY because its the child of the genre facet. In general, other than the predefined presets, you can add the number of children as a column for every facet.

Reply #129
Right click your genre facets, under statistics there should be a "subgenre" click that.

NOTE: The subgenre statistic exists ONLY because its the child of the genre facet. In general, other than the predefined presets, you can add the number of children as a column for every facet.

Maybe I'm blind, but I didn't find a "subgenre" option under "Statistics" 

And to your note: Unfortunately, I don't know how to add the number of the subgenres as a column...

Reply #130
As you have already been told by kanak, the "subgenres" statistics column is only available if you have a facet that displays subgenres next to the genre facet, as you can see in your own screenshot. The first statistics column is special and depends on what is displayed in the next facet. If you have two facets with artist and album, it would enable you to display the number of albums for each artist.

So the procedure is as follows: set the first facet to genre, set the second facet to subgenre, and finally add a statistics/subgenres column to the genre facet.

Reply #131
BTW we're talking subgenres here, but I believe the recommended tag is %style%, not %subgenre%. Am I right ?

Reply #132
There is no such thing as an officially recommended tag in this regard. Neither field is part of the ID3v2 specifications, for example.

I know you have been told otherwise in this thread. Those so-called "standards" were made up by random users who believed that they had some sort of authority on this topic, which they have not. Unless you see any of those fields actively used or mentioned in the default foobar2000 configuration (such as "album artist"), neither custom field is recommended over the other.

Reply #133
Thank You Frank... I didn't know that it's THAT easy 

Reply #134
To save starting a new thread, I shall ask my question here.

Is it possible to delete an element from a layout? I wish to remove a splitter, but the only option that is close is to cut the element within the splitter/tab/whatever.

Reply #135
To save starting a new thread, I shall ask my question here.

Is it possible to delete an element from a layout? I wish to remove a splitter, but the only option that is close is to cut the element within the splitter/tab/whatever.

No splitter exists by itself, so you can simply replace the parent splitter of the splitter you want to remove with a non-splitter element (like albumlist or whatever) temporarily, and then replace the albumlist with the contents you want.

Reply #136
No splitter exists by itself, so you can simply replace the parent splitter of the splitter you want to remove with a non-splitter element (like albumlist or whatever) temporarily, and then replace the albumlist with the contents you want.
That works...thanks. Just wondered if there was a way I missed to do what I wanted, instead of a workaround. But a workaround still works so it's all good!

Reply #138
How did get rating in playlist view?

He's probably using a font with those characters, and then using Character Map to find & put them in the code for the ratings column.

Reply #141
This is what I use for my Rating column:

Code: [Select]
$if(%rating%,$repeat($char(9733),%rating%),$char(9734))

Reply #142
do you need to add a new meta value so you can add the rating to the tags?

Reply #143
could someone show me how to get the ratings working with the use of facets?

Reply #147
You need to add the UI element "Toolbar header" and then you can add buttons to the toolbar.

Reply #149

I have a follow-on question from the above. Is it possible to have the album list on the left and a full playlist on the right, such that selecting an item in the album list will change focus to that item in the playlist?

Currently album list and facets replace the playlist with the selected item. I would like the full "all items" playlist to remain, and merely the focus change.

Hope that's clear