Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2057183 times) previous topic - next topic

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1901
Where can I see the direct URL of the images? For when I want to directly link to the image and not save it.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1902
Sorry, I just don't see it! If the image returned with no specific quality requested comes back as about 85 (according to a jpeg quality estimator I found), but one requested at 100 is better quality (which I will have to trust you on), then it stands to reason that there is some other underlying native image that is being converted to jpeg on the server, and it is just using 85 as a default for some reason. Ideally I'd like to be able to get that native, unconverted image, but I suppose they just aren't exposing that.
This "underlying native image" is what I was thinking about when I falsely cheered about the limitless sizes.

Here's 800% zooms of the example pictures I posted earlier: "native" Vs. "100 quality". Compare the slightly reduced artifacts + slightly "sharper" 100 quality image. Also notice the "brighter orange blocks" in the native/0 image.. the whole orange area seems to be a bit smoother in the 100 quality image.

Here's the full "native"/0 image straight from the deezer site (149 864 bytes), then a quality 85 image (149 864 bytes), same exact size. Then the full quality 100 image (354 204 bytes). In most cases it's safe to assume that bigger KB images (coming from AAD scripts/sites) are better, and additionally in this case, I can clearly see less artifacts, which has convinced me totally.

Which brings us back to what you wrote; is the "native" size the best we could get?

And here it gets more hairy: a PNG of the same image (1 417 307 bytes)! With the "100 quality" switch (this time ONLY 994 666 bytes). I don't understand the size drop in PNG but size increase in JPG when using the, I must now say, "alleged quality switch". The "native/0" PNG is in some part (e.g. the yellow color shirt area has none of the artefacts the JPG has (VERY hard to spot)) much better than the "100" JPG. Still the PNG has the bigger artifacts, and those are a bit clearer (JPG compression seems to "blur" them a bit). Here's another PNG image (3 236 075 bytes) Vs. JPG image (271 750 bytes). The PNG is clearly a bit sharper than the JPG (->original artifacts (e.g. around the letters) show more clearly).

Interesting thing: TIF -> empty page, but NOT "HTTP_NOT_FOUND" page, like if you try some arbitrary extension, or "wrong" URL parameters.

I'm done with this. I don't have more time to mess around with this. If you ask me, I'd choose the "native/0" PNG (very large sizes though could be expected, many MB's, which doesn't worry me because I always edit the images I find for my albums).

You think Deezer and iTunes are getting images from the same underlying source?
I believe, and it's has been strengthened while posting my suggestions for new scripts, that ultimately there seems to be just 1 big source (and maybe few small sources) where all the different sized/quality pictures are coming from. I can't prove this but looking at the pictures from various scripts, I get the feeling that these are from the same original picture, some are same size/quality, some has changed sizes/qualities, still almost identical (JPG compression/other) artifacts, e.g. cover "vesa-matti loiri / 4 + 20" from e.g. deezer/itunes (1214x1200px) is obviously the same picture as 7digital reduced size + reduced quality + squared (added missing px from height->black bar under the picture) picture (800x800px). This is just one example, I don't have the time nor interest to make a full empirical thesis.

I noticed one album cover with some quite nasty artefacts: iTunes, Deezer, Deezer-100. To me, they are all as bad as each other.
One of the Deezer links is wrong, now you've two 100 quality image links. Anyways, I can see really really small differences in "native/0" and "100", but since the original/source picture is so bad, it would be stupid to try to say which one is better.. both are bad.

P.S. You haven't got the latest v0.10 Discogs script in your "update system" yet. I see an "update available" to downgrade to v0.9.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1903
Using windows 7 x64 (virtual machine in vmware fusion), I have this really annoying bug with the latest version, everything is RED

This appears to be a bug with VMWare Fusion on Mac OS: http://communities.vmware.com/message/1802084

Alex

Thanks for the quick answer !
Disabling 3D hardware acceleration in the VM settings did the trick !

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1904
Where can I see the direct URL of the images? For when I want to directly link to the image and not save it.
I'm afraid that's not currently possible. It's not something that AAD can provide, in the general case, as scripts do not actually have to supply it with URLs, they may download the image themselves first and just pass back that. In a couple of cases there is, in fact, no direct URL that could even theoretically be given as a specific header, cookie, or post data is required. The best I can offer is the info URL, accessed by clicking the button. That should give you a web page on which you can find the image. Unfortunately, fr those scripts where the URL for the image is 'guessed' by altering the size part in the URL, it won't give you those directly.

And here it gets more hairy: a PNG of the same image (1 417 307 bytes)! With the "100 quality" switch (this time ONLY 994 666 bytes).
Heh, so their image server is automatically converting the format too. So now there's not only native size to consider, but native format too! The only thing I can assume about the quality switch is that it must be controlling the compression level of the PNG, but given that PNG is a lossless format I see no reason not to use the maximum possible compression level. My conclusion, then, is that I should be using 0x0-000000-100-0-0.png (which I've tested as being pixel-identical to the -0-0-0.png image).

Although there may be users who would rather have the smaller jpeg files, I'm going to go with png for this scripts as there are lots of other sources offering reasonable quality jpegs, but none offering large lossless pngs!

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1905
The only thing I can assume about the quality switch is that it must be controlling the compression level of the PNG

I couldn't let this mystery go away.  Here's some figures from testing the parameter (with this image):

0 = 1 417 307 bytes
10 = 1 516 981 bytes
20 = 1 516 981 bytes
30 = 1 516 981 bytes
40 = 1 516 981 bytes
41-49 = 2 881 887 bytes
50 = 2 881 851 bytes
60 = 1 511 166 bytes
61-70 = 1 599 269 bytes
71-80 = 1 679 228 bytes
81-84 = 1 716 940 bytes
85 = 1 716 904 bytes (this was first same as the 81-84 (1 716 940 bytes) but a page refresh changed it for some reason, and it stays that way even when resfreshed again and again..!)
86-90 = 1 716 940 bytes (back to "normal")
91-94 = 994 666 bytes
95 = 994 630 bytes (same anomaly again, this was first 994 666 bytes, refresh changed it. This seems to happen to images which were loaded some time ago (minutes) and then refreshed, but not to images which are loaded and almost instantly refreshed.. funny system.)
96-97 = 994 666 bytes (back to "normal" again)
98-100 = 994 630 bytes

It doesn't make sense at all. It can't be quality nor compression parameter.. at least not with PNG's. With JPG's it makes sense:

100 = 354 204 bytes
90 = 168 719 bytes
85 = 149 864 bytes
80 = 140 687 bytes
70 = 125 250 bytes
60 = 104 107 bytes
50 = 75 305 bytes
40 = 70 306 bytes
30 = 58 810 bytes
20 = 46 807 bytes
10 = 31 012 bytes
1 = 14 714 bytes
0 = 149 864 bytes

What do you think? Is it "safe" to use the parameter with PNG's?

...which I've tested as being pixel-identical to the -0-0-0.png image

I'm curious, how did you test it? Did you use a special tool? I might have use for that too.

Is the Discogs script really updated to 0.10 version in the server? I tried to load that with two browsers + different proxys and I could only get 0.9 version. The "updates page" shows it as 0.10 though.

Also I still have "Nuclear Blast" in general category because the 0.1 version I've differs from the server 0.1 version (my version doesn't have the "category" code stuff). In addition of that, Beatport, GigaCrate and Juno Records & Psyshop (same cat) are not in the new "Dance, Club, Electronic" cat. Some of the scripts might not get updated for a long time, so IMHO, you should bump the version up even when making cat. changes. This way the scripts in AAD and in the scripts update page would be identical.

I just had 1 update (Deezer) and 1 new script (Beatport) in AAD and I updated Deezer first, then declined to restart, and tried to "get more scripts" but the window just says that "the new scripts will be available once AAD has been restarted"! (False claim BTW) So I've to restart twice. Not very convenient. I probably have asked this couple of times already but, do you really need to separate the "updates" and "new scripts" download systems?

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1906
It doesn't make sense at all. It can't be quality nor compression parameter.. at least not with PNG's. With JPG's it makes sense
With JPG it's quite clearly a direct quality parameter, but I don't think I know enough about PNGs to come up with a better answer. It will probably relate to colour depth and compression level, as they can directly affect the size of the PNG, but neither of them have anything similar to a 1-100 scale. 100 is still looking like the best choice, though.

To test for image similarity, I use the GIMP, although I'm sure any reasonably powerful image editor would do. I put the two images to compare in two layers, then set the top layer to be "Difference" mode (or Subtract probably works just as well). That gives you what looks like just an all-black image, but to be sure I then use the Magic Wand (set to 0% tolerance) and click somewhere in the black. If there's any non-black pixels, they get highlighted by the selection boundaries, otherwise the selection is just the whole image. There are probably easier ways to do this, but that's the one I learned a long time ago.

As to script updates, it's my mistake that Discogs didn't get updated properly, sorry about that. It should be fixed now, though. I don't think it is worth making people re-download unchanged scripts just to change their category names, really, so I'm leaving those as they are.

I am keeping updates and new scripts as separate in the UI because I believe they should be treated differently. Everyone should keep the scripts they have installed updated, unless they have a specific reason not to. No-one should automatically download and install every available script unless they have a specific reason to do so. These two conflicting goals mean there should be two separate options.

I did put in a change a while back, though (at your request, if I remember right), that if you have it set to automatically download new scripts, it doesn't set the "restart required" flag after doing so.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1907
Where did you get that list from, originally? ... The ones which I found to work are:

I got the country list from the iTunes Music Store ("choose country" option) using the latest iTunes version 10.4.0.80
I found the same countries to work.
yours
thomian

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1908
Hey Alex,
I noticed a bug in AlbumArtDownloader:
If you download a TIF or a PNG file directly (without downloading the fullsized preview), it will be falsely saved with the file extension JPG.
If you click on the fullsized preview first, it is saved correctly as TIF or PNG.
yours,
thomian

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1909
If you download a TIF or a PNG file directly (without downloading the fullsized preview), it will be falsely saved with the file extension JPG.

This is a tricky one. The problem occurs if the thumbnail is a different format to the full sized image. The filename to use is fixed at the time you click the save button (or confirm the Overwrite dialog, or Save As dialog), so if after the download completes it turns out to be a different format, it isn't allowed to then change the filename.

I can't just unilaterally change the extension to match the file format after downloading as in some cases people do actually want to name their file Folder.jpg even if it isn't a jpeg, due to stupid media players hard-coded to look for that filename (but quite capable of reading other image formats). Also, there might already be an existing file of that name with the new extension.

I could enforce downloading of the full sized image before showing the Save As or Overwrite dialogs, but having UI pop up potentially several seconds after the command was initiated could get very irritating. If you hit Save As and no dialog appeared it would look like something had gone wrong. Also, you could easily click several save buttons quickly, then get hit by a cascade of Overwrite prompts!

Similarly, if I put in a prompt to alert you that the file type had changed after downloading, that could be an unexpected irritant. You hit Save, then several seconds later when you are working on something else, a dialog popping up to tell you that the art you downloaded as Folder.jpg is actually a png file, and would you like to save as Folder.png would be pretty unwelcome. Some users would be angry that it asked, when it should obviously have just saved as Folder.png and not bothered them. Others will be angry that it asked, when they've already told it to save it as Folder.jpg and don't like being second-guessed by software 'trying to be too clever'. Others won't understand or care, and just hit Yes or OK or whatever they think will make the popup disappear the fastest, and will just be irritated that 'this software has a lot of pointless popups'.

The only other thing I can think of would be to provide a way for scripts to inform AAD of the suggested extension to use for them. This isn't perfect, as scripts like iTunes would have to make at least HTTP HEAD requests for the large size image in order to determine the right extension, and some scripts simply wouldn't be able to tell at all without actually downloading the full size image (in which case you might as well not bother with thumbnails at all). In some cases, the suggested extension may also simply be wrong; should it always take precedence over the actual format of the image in those cases? There's no easy answer.

If anyone has any suggestions on the best way to handle this, please feel free to contribute an opinion.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1910
I can't just unilaterally change the extension to match the file format after downloading as in some cases people do actually want to name their file Folder.jpg even if it isn't a jpeg, due to stupid media players hard-coded to look for that filename (but quite capable of reading other image formats).

For real? Why build in support for other file formats and refuse to read them?
I could enforce downloading of the full sized image before showing the Save As or Overwrite dialogs, but having UI pop up potentially several seconds after the command was initiated could get very irritating. If you hit Save As and no dialog appeared it would look like something had gone wrong. Also, you could easily click several save buttons quickly, then get hit by a cascade of Overwrite prompts!

Perhaps you can make the dialogue pup up immediately, but make the safe button non-clickable until the image has been downloaded (with a progress bar showing something is going on). I assume it isn't possible to have the script take a look at the file header before downloading the file?

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1911
For real? Why build in support for other file formats and refuse to read them?
Quite easily. You just use some standard or built-in library for image loading and display, which supports all sorts of image formats. It's not that you refuse to read other formats, just that the answer to the design question "Where do we get the image from?" is "A file named 'folder.jpg'", and that's as far as it gets.

Even the latest version of foobar2000 is a little bit guilty of this - the default filenames searched for album art all end in .jpg, but if you have a PNG format file and rename it to end in .jpg it will display just fine. In foobar2000's case, it's customisable enough that if you know what you're doing you can just add "folder.jpg" (or even "folder.*") to the lookup list and it will use it, but most players aren't quite as customisable as foobar2000 is!

Perhaps you can make the dialogue pup up immediately, but make the safe button non-clickable until the image has been downloaded (with a progress bar showing something is going on). I assume it isn't possible to have the script take a look at the file header before downloading the file?
If it's the Save As dialog, for example, then there would be no point in showing it but disabling the save button, as the dialog itself could depend on the result of the download (for example, should it be showing .jpg files, or .png files?). I could pop up a 'please wait' dialog that wouldn't let you do anything else until the image had been downloaded, but I suspect that would not be well received either.

I don't think I can have the script perform a partial download of the file to determine the format. As I suggested though, in many cases the script will be able to make a good guess without actually downloading the file (so Deezer would be able to say it's going to be a PNG without needing to download, for example), but for other scripts it might be less certain.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1912
Version 0.41.1
This is a fix to try and improve the behaviour of Album Art Downloader XUI with scripts that have full size images in different formats to the thumbnails. It allows scripts to suggest the most likely extension for the full size images, which is used in preference to the extension associated with the format of the thumbnail. This means a script can provide a jpeg thumbnail to a png image and have AAD use "png" as the substitution for %extension% before the full size image is downloaded.

The Deezer, iTunes and RevHQ scripts have been updated to take advantage of this facility. This does mean that the iTunes search is a little slower, as it has to query the server for the existence of the full size jpeg to determine whether it will be falling back to the tiff or not. It doesn't download the image, but even just doing a HEAD query can still takes almost a second per result.

The other recent script changes are all included in this release:
  • Replaced iTunes/Google with iTunes script using native iTunes search API.
  • Split Coverlandia into Official and Fan Made scripts
  • Added DJshop, Beatport and Mega Media scripts, improved Amazon scripts, and fixed Discogs and CD Universe scripts
Download:
AlbumArtDownloaderXUI.exe (Installer. Recommended)
AlbumArtDownloaderXUI.zip (zip archive for those who don't like installers)
.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (required, except for Windows 7)Donations

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1913
Hey Alex,

I can't just unilaterally change the extension to match the file format after downloading as in some cases people do actually want to name their file Folder.jpg even if it isn't a jpeg...

In my opinion it's just more irritating if a program doesn't follow common standards. JPGs should be named .jpg and TIFFs should be named .tiff !
In the case that some Media players only accept "folder.jpg" users could easily convert or rename their TIFFs or PNGs. Yes it's true that foobar reads all pics irrespective of their extension. But my graphics programs refuse to open the "corrupt" files and then I don't know what is happening and/or I have to try by trial and error which file extension matches the picture format. Perhaps you may implement a checkbox in the options menu to "force all image formats to be saved as .jpg".

Also, there might already be an existing file of that name with the new extension.

That's true. AlbumArtDownloader should first download the picture, check the format and then eventually open the Save As or Overwrite dialogs.

Not for me. I wait for the download anyway. And yes: During download, the thumbnail should be marked with the small globe icon and further download options should be grayed out for this picture.

The Deezer, iTunes and RevHQ scripts have been updated to take advantage of this facility. This does mean that the iTunes search is a little slower...

OK. This is the way you've chosen, but I regret your decision as my internet connection isn't very fast. It seriously slows down my searches. :-(

If anyone has any suggestions on the best way to handle this, please feel free to contribute an opinion.

You're welcome. 
I love your program!
thomian

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1914
hey, I hate to annoy anyone, but discogs search still doesn't work for me for some reason..

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1915
Perhaps you may implement a checkbox in the options menu to "force all image formats to be saved as .jpg".
There's no need, the way the "path to save image as" pattern works is already sufficient. If you set it to "folder.jpg" then it always saves as .jpg regardless of format. If you set it to "folder.%extension%" (which is the default) then it follows common standards and uses the correct extension for the file. The only problems arise when it gets that wrong as it doesn't know what the correct extension for the file is yet - which I acknowledge is irritating and a bug, but as I've explained, is difficult to deal with wholly satisfactorily.

OK. This is the way you've chosen, but I regret your decision as my internet connection isn't very fast. It seriously slows down my searches. :-(
I've uploaded the old version of the script for you here: itunes-old.boo. You should delete itunes.boo if you use it, as they can't both coexist. (I've renamed it to add " old" so that it doesn't keep showing that updates are available to it)

hey, I hate to annoy anyone, but discogs search still doesn't work for me for some reason..
It's working when I try it here - could you let me know what you searched for? Also, check that the version number of the script says "v0.10".

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1916
It's working when I try it here - could you let me know what you searched for? Also, check that the version number of the script says "v0.10".

Alex

the version is correct
for example, I search for "Robbie Williams - Supreme" and get nothing. wonder what the problem could be cause the site itself works quite fine for me.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1917
I search for "Robbie Williams - Supreme" and get nothing.
I'm afraid I don't know, then. That search works fine when I try it. Are you sure the results aren't being filtered out according to your settings? Try clicking the Disable Filters button (just to the left of the "Group by" control above the results). When you search, try watching the Discogs source in the sources list - does it show a progress bar filling slowly, or does it just flash up and then immediately go back to normal without any results?

If anyone else could check if Discogs is working for them and let me know if it isn't, that would be helpful too.

Alex

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1918
i just tried the robbie williams search on discogs only and it was fine (10 results).

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1919
Hi there!  I love this program Alex and I'm using it for some time now, really helpful for perfectionists . Lately I can't use it though, I get this error:

Code: [Select]
Album Art Downloader has encountered a fatal error, and has had to close.
If you wish to report this error, please include this information, which
has been written to the file: C:\Program Files\AlbumArtDownloader\errorlog.txt

App version: 0.41.1.0, running on Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Dodatek Service Pack 3 (32 bit)

System.TypeInitializationException: Inicjator typów zgłosił wyjątek dla typu 'System.Windows.Window'. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: Inicjator typów zgłosił wyjątek dla typu 'System.Windows.FrameworkElement'. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Podpis jest niepoprawny.
  w System.Windows.Style.ProcessVisualTriggers(Style style)
  w System.Windows.Style.Seal()
  w System.Windows.FrameworkElement.get_DefaultFocusVisualStyle()
  w System.Windows.FrameworkElement..cctor()
  --- Koniec śladu stosu wyjątków wewnętrznych ---
  w System.Windows.Window..cctor()
  --- Koniec śladu stosu wyjątków wewnętrznych ---
  w System.Windows.Window..ctor()
  w AlbumArtDownloader.Splashscreen..ctor()
  w AlbumArtDownloader.Splashscreen.ShowIfRequired()
  w AlbumArtDownloader.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
  w System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__0(Object unused)
  w System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
  w System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
  w System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
  w System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
  w System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
  w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
  w System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
  w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  w System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  w System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
  w System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
  w System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  w MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  w MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
  w System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
  w System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
  w System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
  w System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
  w System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)
  w MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
  w MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
  w System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
  w System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
  w System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
  w System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
  w System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
  w System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
  w System.Windows.Application.Run()
  w AlbumArtDownloader.App.AlbumArtDownloader.IPriorInstance.Run()
  w AlbumArtDownloader.InstanceMutex.RunAppAsServiceHost(IPriorInstance instance, String channelUri)
  w AlbumArtDownloader.App.Main(String[] args)

I installed the program again but I get the same error over and over. What would you advise to me? Thanks for your work!

Best
// MK

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1922
I search for "Robbie Williams - Supreme" and get nothing.
I'm afraid I don't know, then. That search works fine when I try it. Are you sure the results aren't being filtered out according to your settings? Try clicking the Disable Filters button (just to the left of the "Group by" control above the results). When you search, try watching the Discogs source in the sources list - does it show a progress bar filling slowly, or does it just flash up and then immediately go back to normal without any results?

If anyone else could check if Discogs is working for them and let me know if it isn't, that would be helpful too.

Alex

thanks for trying to figure it out, it's so weird... I have no filters on so it can't be it. the progress bar just flashes and goes back without results, so that.
I also tried deleting the script and then having AAD re-add it itself, didn't help either. I'm stumped.
can it possibly be because of my location? I'm in Russia. but I never experienced any limitations from discogs, and, again, the site itself works fine for me.

thanks again.

Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #1924
Sorry if I missed it, but I can't seem to launch the Foobar Browser for AAD correctly from my portable install of Foobar.  I successfully installed foo_run, and I entered the following service:

"C:\Program Files\AlbumArtDownloader\AlbumArt.exe" /foobarBrowser

But what it does is first launch my standard install of Foobar that I also have on my PC, and then launch the Foobar Browser for AAD.  I think the issue is that this command line assumes a standard install location for Foobar, and I've failed to find a command line option to try to point at my portable install of Foobar.

Any suggestions?  thanks