Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Interesting Diy Loudspeaker Cable. (Read 2989 times) previous topic - next topic

Interesting Diy Loudspeaker Cable.

Here you can have a look at a really good loudspeaker cable. You can use ordinary antenna cable; it won't be as good as with one that have a pure copper foil shield, but better than most other cables.

Johan

Reply #1
I read a few of his tests of cables etc, and wonder how much of what he heard was real and how much was imagined. No blind tests and not even a/b testing. Personally I don't trust such tests a bit - do you?

Reply #2
Well, I would like to poke an eye or two on Hi-Fi journalists so all they could do were blind B)? listening tests... Really, it completely sucks that they are not doing it. I get so frustrated when I think of it.
I like this cable because it really has some technical advantages, plus that it looks cool.

Johan

Reply #3
I guess they could be excellent cables, but I just never understood the big fuzz about cables in the audiophile society - biwiring, small arrows marking the direction, etc...

Reading some of the other stuff on that webpage I decided not to take that guy so seriosly. Hopefully he makes better cables than reviews. Have you tried them?

Do you hear any difference between cables (exclude the extremly skinny ones)?

And: good luck with the midterm exams... noticed that you are at chalmers as well.

Reply #4
Lamp cord is cheaper, easier to acquire and works just as well.