Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: key clicks to rip [posted to wrong forum (TOS #6)] (Read 1289 times) previous topic - next topic

key clicks to rip [posted to wrong forum (TOS #6)]

Hi,
I am ripping a large number of discs to multi-track FLAC.
It involves a number of stages which are tedious.
What I am after is cd in ->rip (to pre-set format) and eject on completion.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Nick

Re: key clicks to rip (wrong forum (TOS #6); vague content)

Reply #1
I seem to recall that dBpoweramp has a bulk ripping version that may do what you want.

Re: key clicks to rip [posted to wrong forum (TOS #6)]

Reply #2
CUERipper seems fast & easy to me.  (I haven't counted the clicks and I don't think it automatically ejects.)

The bottleneck is the metadata -  Sometimes it needs to be "cleaned up" or edited a bit to make conform with everything else I have, and sometimes it has to be entered manually.    Sometimes the artwork has to be scanned, and I want the year to match the original release date.   For older recordings that were original released on vinyl that usually has to be researched.     On compilation albums the year of release has to be researched for each song and that can take a fair amount of time. 

Re: key clicks to rip [posted to wrong forum (TOS #6)]

Reply #3
Freerip will do it, too.

Insert CD wait for tracks to show up and database to be consulted.
click "rip disk"

it can be set to eject when done.