Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Shuffle little random and quite repetitive. (Read 1675 times) previous topic - next topic

Shuffle little random and quite repetitive.

Hello. I wanted to ask the developers. Will the system be able to play aleatorea? Because the issue is as follows. I have 1200 music tracks in my playlist .. and it turns out to play and to be branded as the option of randomness .. I always played almost the same issues. So .. what I mean .. it would be good to avoid playing the songs that were played earlier .. and reproducing the full list .. but as keeping track of topics that go reproduced and discarding until no more issues to play.
I think some genius know how to improve the system.
In case of doing .. someone would be able to tell me?
Greetings! And further expand foobar is great! 

Reply #1
keep the playback mode set to "Default" and shuffle the playlist using Edit>Sort>randomise

if the edit menu is greyed out, give the playlist focus first.

Reply #3
The random seed used for shuffle is refreshed whenever fb2k is restarted, so shuffle will also play tracks that have been played before. With a very long playlist that's probably not going to be listened to in one session, this is usually common.

One trick you can use in order to not listen to the same track twice ever is to use this plugin:

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_skip

You can set it up so it will skip tracks with a certain playcount, for example only play tracks that have never been played before ("%play_count% GREATER 0" in Skip Track query under Preferences->Advanced->Playback->Skip Tracks). I've used it for exactly this reason. I've got ten thousands of tracks in my library and sometimes I want to only listen to tracks that I haven't listened to in a very long time (before I started using the playback statistics plugin.) You don't even have to use shuffle but can use random playback mode, effectively it doesn't matter.

Needless to say you'll need the playback statistics plugin for this to work, but it's part of the main installer anyway, isn't it?

PS: On a sidenote. Sometimes I'm pretty amazed by the DJ qualities of the shuffle mode... out of the randomness sometimes come song changes that perfectly match. And I mean it's not only one song change, sometimes several consecutive changes are that good I couldn't have done better myself.

Reply #4
Thank you all! : D Now I will try that Shuffle (tracks). Maybe even my question was unnecessary .. because I noticed that there was not that option: S
But right now I'm testing the .. and I'll see how it
And sorry for writing or started a post .. which someone else had already created something similar. I had not noticed.
Anyway .. Thanks to everyone for all the information you gave me  And sorry for my english rough: S I'm just using the Google translator: P since I'm from Argentina.
Hugs to all!