Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there any discernible difference in quality between QAAC 2.50 and QAAC 2.64? (Read 4976 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there any discernible difference in quality between QAAC 2.50 and QAAC 2.64?

Hi, I was just wondering if there was any perceivable difference in sound quality between these two versions of QAAC because I would rather use 2.50 to be able to see the average bitrate on my iPod as I use a an outdated version of an app called TuneShell which is unable to display the correct bitrate of 2.64 encoded audio files. Thanks.  8)

Re: Is there any discernible difference in quality between QAAC 2.50 and QAAC 2.64?

Reply #1
Quick answer...  Make a copy of the same track using both versions.  Listen to the resulting files and compare.  You can use the foobar ABX comparator or just switch back and forth a few times in your own media player. 

If you can't tell the difference between the two tracks, does it really matter what anyone else says?
JXL