Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack plugin for winamp 2 (Read 6082 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack plugin for winamp 2

www.wavpack.com/winamp_plugin.zip

The subject pretty much says it all. This is "read-only" support; the tags must be written by another application (like Foobar2000 or dBpowerAmp). ID3v1 tags are still supported if present.

Thanks to Peter for the ReplayGain support and to Spoon for the sample APE2 code!

Edit: updated link

Reply #1
nice!
WARNING:  Changing of advanced parameters might degrade sound quality.  Modify them only if you are expirienced in audio compression!

Reply #2
Looks nice, very simple. Just goings to make some wvs to test it with.  I'll make one with a correction file too.

EDIT: I did a wv + wvc encode then put it through the input plugin and outputted to a wav. Then I used EAC's compare wavs tool to see if they were the same and... they were. Good job bryant.  The replaygain stuff is good too. All works as far as I can see (or rather hear).
superdumprob

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein

Reply #3
Thanks for testing, guys! 

I found a bug affecting 24-bit soft clipping    and have posted a 1.8b update.

Reply #4
Good stuff David.

I personally have no use for such a plug in, as I already had all this in foobar, but it's good I think for Wavpack so Winamp users can have some fun with your rather excellent codec.

Somewhere in here I should say that I wish you'd stop taking time away from Wavpack 4 working on this stuff, but that would just be selfish of me... 

Keep up the excellent work!

Den.

Reply #5
Somewhere in here I should say that I wish you'd stop taking time away from Wavpack 4 working on this stuff, but that would just be selfish of me... 

He promised me he would start working on WavPack4 non-stop after he finishes dealing with the Winamp plugin and the CoolEdit filter.

Reply #6

Keep up the excellent work!

Thanks, den!

I have released the latest winamp plugin now and posted new sources on my homepage, so now I can continue on WavPack 4.0.

However, I was thinking of also getting back to that CP/M port of WavPack and a little utility to play .wvs on my Amiga, but I guess I should put that off for now... 

Reply #7
That amiga util could be real handy, I'll just dig up my old Amiga 500 out of the garage and fire it up... with the 4 mb of ram and 10 mb hard disk I jammed into it, I might just about be able to fit one wavpack lossy track on it...

Unfortunately I sold my old Commodore 128D a few years back, so I can't use that much needed CP/M port. It would have been cool to be able to groove to approx 0.5 seconds of my favourite tune while I punch out something in Wordstar!

Woo hoo...

Den.

Reply #8
Didn't there already exist a previous WavPack plugin for WinAmp?
Wanna buy a monkey?

Reply #9
Yes. That one is a new plugin, that supports APE tags and replay gain.

Reply #10
Oops! I found a problem with the released winamp plugin that caused the settings to not store correctly. If you are using this, download 1.8.1 from the link at the top of the thread.

Sorry!