Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Best way to get playlist index from metadb_handle_ptr (Read 2591 times) previous topic - next topic

Best way to get playlist index from metadb_handle_ptr

Hallo,

I need to get the current index of a song identified by a metadb_handle_ptr in the active playlist (coming from on_playback_new_track callback). Is there any other way than to enumerate through the whole playlist and check each metadb_handle_ptr returned by playlist_manager::activeplaylist_get_item_handle() ? This would be rather slow with very large playlists...

Thank you.

Reply #1
You can get the playlist and index of the currently playing item through the playlist_manager class (provided that the currently playing item is on a playlist).

Reply #2
I've tried playlist_manager::get_playing_item_location() before, but when I call this method in the play_callback::on_playback_new_track callback I get return value "false" when a song has been skipped, it seems that the callback will be called with stopped state so there is no way to get "playing" item in this callback function. So what I need is a method to get the index of a playlist item from a metadb_handle_ptr handle.