Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [SMP] Music Graph development (Read 25622 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [SMP] Music Graph development

Reply #75
Update on Playlist Tools:
- Added a reset config menu, to reset all properties related to the script. Why? Because some menus are saved as properties, so everytime  a new one is added as default and the script is updated, the panel needs a reset to show it. Having in mind the menu may be used along other buttons, that means clearing all properties or deleting 20+ entries one by one. Now that menu does it automatically only for the relevant properties. I will consider saving those things as json too on the future, to easily import or export user set menus.
X

- Added dynamic evaluation of queries on Query Filtering menu. i.e. "GENRE IS #GENRE#" translates into "GENRE IS ROCK" when selecting a rock track, "%date% IS #$year(%date%)#" would translate into "%date% IS 1969"  for a track from 1969, etc..
Search by same did something similar with tags combinations, but Query Filtering is used to show the tracks on the playlist which pass the query (instead of retrieving tracks from library) and more important, it allows arbitrary TF expressions within the "#" symbols.

X

Already created the github and wanted to know if people prefer to have all scripts within a single repository or they should be split into different ones. For sure some things should be uploaded together, but other big scripts like the playlist manager or the Search by Distance thing I think it's better to have them on its own repository.

Reply #76
Just sent the last batch of scripts while I'm working on the github thing and documentation.
Download here: https://we.tl/t-MryTpewR6q

Reply #78
Camelot-Wheel can be found here: (it's only a js helper for other projects, the implementation for foobar will be in another repository)
https://github.com/regorxxx/Camelot-Wheel-Notation

Reply #79
Music-Graph can be found here: (js helper for other projects or visualization, foobar implementation in another repository)
https://github.com/regorxxx/Music-Graph

Reply #80
regor
World-Map-SMP-main
UR5EQF. Ukraine

Reply #82
Search-by-Distance-SMP can be found here: (foobar implementation of Music-Graph)
https://github.com/regorxxx/Search-by-Distance-SMP

Reply #83
You have installed it wrong. Read instructions
INSTALLATION:
-------------
Copy all files from the zip into YOUR_FOOBAR_PROFILE_PATH\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts
Any other path WILL NOT work without editing the scripts.
For ex: mine is          c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\...
For portable installations: .\foobar2000\profile\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\...
Then load any script into a SMP panel within foobar. See info for usage.
what is wrong
UR5EQF. Ukraine

Reply #84
Hi :)
@kgena_ua

profile folder migrating
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?PHPSESSID=f2iv700108t207jee068urmjs2&topic=119619.0
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Ultrasone Performance 880, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45, SONY WH-1000XM5 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #85

Reply #86
Your instructions are incomplete.

If people are running fb2k v1.4/1.5 they won't have a profile folder in portable mode.
If people are running v1.6 but it was upgraded continuously from an older version, they won't have a profile folder as the previous file/folder structure is not touched.
Only clean portable installs created with v1.6 or later are guaranteed to have a profile folder.

Reply #87
Your instructions are incomplete.

If people are running fb2k v1.4/1.5 they won't have a profile folder in portable mode.
If people are running v1.6 but it was upgraded continuously from an older version, they won't have a profile folder as the previous file/folder structure is not touched.
Only clean portable installs created with v1.6 or later are guaranteed to have a profile folder.
That makes sense. I don't use portable at all, so I only added that part because someone reported it to me (who was probably using 1.6). Thanks.
I will edit the readme again then.

Code: [Select]
what is wrong 
For portable installs >= 1.6:
.\foobar2000\profile\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\...
X

For portable installs < 1.6:
.\foobar2000\scripts\SMP\xxx-scripts\...
X

Reply #88
Playlist-Tools-SMP can be found here: (foobar implementation of the entire collection of tools related to playlists. Includes Search-by-Distance-SMP)
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Tools-SMP

NOTE: changed the readme on all repositories too. Only left the playlist manager, which still needs an SMP update to work with fpl playlists.

Reply #89
Playlist-Manager-SMP can be found here: (pre-release)
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP

Reply #90
Menu-Framework-SMP can be found here: (js helper to easily create easy to maintain menus on other projects)
https://github.com/regorxxx/Menu-Framework-SMP

Reply #91
Have updated several repositories with some changes and added some hotfixes (specially the playlist manager wich is a pre-release).
Next will be the Map-Framework-SMP (to create arbitray maps according to tags) & Buttons-Framework-SMP (like the menu framework, for buttons)

Reply #92
This is just about the most wonderful thing I've ever seen, lol. Thank you.

But I'm very non-techy and I don't know how to get started.

The main thing I wanted to start with is the first gif from here, i.e. a Quicksearch button (or context menu entry).

I've got SMP. I use it for a biography panel. Do I have to add a new panel somewhere?

I just don't know how to get started, sorry.

I've installed it to my portable foobar folder OK.

Then I'll look at Playlist Manager too which looks awesome. And advice for a daft brush on getting started with that too?

Reply #93
If you go to github, you will see installation instructions at bottom ;) There is also a wiki on all of them, a PDF readme for the playlist manager, and a detailed txt instructions to install.

Anyway, its like any SMP script: new SMP panel -> Load script file -> done (configure, etc.)
Only "difference" with the buttons scripts is that they they simulate a buttons bar ;) So you load the bar script and then add buttons directly to the bar using the script menus. This allows to fully configure your own bar(s) with the things you want, and also to merge multiple of my button scripts (since I have created things for Listenbrainz, playlists, quicksearch, fingerprinting, this spotify-like tool, etc.)

Check this gif:
https://temp.sh/oSVLb/install.gif

Only, I recommend you to download directly from the repositories (in a few hours, have to upload a bugfix). Have not created a release with the latest changes yet, and the last week I rewrote most of my scripts.
X

Reply #94
Thank you very much. I had a made a bit of progress before I read this but I'm still completely overwhelmed, to be honest.

But it's just incredible the work you've put into these components and the hugely extensive documentation and in-component tips. Just awesome.

That gif looks really helpful too, but I can't figure out how to do the very first part. Whether I'm in Layout Editing Mode or not (which should I be using?) I don't see the
Panels > 
Toolbars > 
Visualisations > 
context menu entries, no matter where I right-click (screenshot attached).

What am I missing please?

Oh and I got Playlist Manager woking fine and I love it already (although I've got a lot of learning to do). It's just a necessary thing and it's wonderful to have found it.

One thing I can't find in the pdf is how to add tracks to a standard playlist. I mean I can do the Collect>Paste thing, but I suspect you have better ways of doing it. Is there another way?

Thank you so much for this. I'm lost for words.

And I feel so lucky because I'm new to fb2k and I probably wouldn't have bothered with it if v2 hadn't just been released at the same time as I discovered it a couple of months ago, because I really wanted a dark theme. And then to read your epic pdf on just one of your inventions and see that it was apparently completed just a few days ago makes me feel like Christmas has come early. Oh wait.

:D   8) 

EDIT: Personally, I would love it if the the colour of the buttons at the bottom of Playlist manager were inverted or something. The light colour is pretty glaring against what is mostly dark on my installation. Not sure if that would be any easy thing to change. Probably pointless screenshot showing the buttons attached.

Reply #95
Another small thing ...

On this page it says the latest version of Playlist Manager is v0.5.0-beta.13, but when you click the download link and go to the Github releases page it says the latest is v0.5.0-beta.12 - Playlist locks.

It's similar with Playlist Tools. v3.0.0-beta.16 at regorxxx.github.io vs v3.0.0-beta.15 -Playlist locks at github.com.

Reply #96
Another small thing ...

On this page it says the latest version of Playlist Manager is v0.5.0-beta.13, but when you click the download link and go to the Github releases page it says the latest is v0.5.0-beta.12 - Playlist locks.

It's similar with Playlist Tools. v3.0.0-beta.16 at regorxxx.github.io vs v3.0.0-beta.15 -Playlist locks at github.com.
Yep, because that's the wip version (the one you download from the current repository). If you check the changelog, it's the same.

But have not created a release yet until I finish some changes.

Reply #97
context menu entries, no matter where I right-click (screenshot attached).

What am I missing please?
Maybe it's a CUI thing (?) It appears when I right click on the Foobar toolbar at top. Which must be enabled at (pressing shift) + "View/Show toolbars" on the main menus.

Anyway, you just have to create a Spider Monkey Panel wherever you want and load my scripts there. My gif does it as a toolbar, but you can do it in any regular panel. I will take a look at DUI and add instructions for this on the scripts, since maybe it's not so known that you can create a SMP panel on the toolbar!

You can always add a SMP panel at top and then your regular foobar panels, and make it with small height like a toolbar. Is less clean than the other option but works.

One thing I can't find in the pdf is how to add tracks to a standard playlist. I mean I can do the Collect>Paste thing, but I suspect you have better ways of doing it. Is there another way?
You have probably not read it enough hahahaha
First, you can just drag and drop tracks to any playlist on the panel ;) No need to have the playlist loaded on UI btw.

Second, you can select any track and L. Click on playlist on manager and use "Copy selection to playlist".

Third, you can select any track and Press Shift + L. Click to directly send selection to playlist (duplicates are removed). Note the tooltip informs you about the available modifiers, which can be customized.

So you have at least 3 ways to do it, apart from loading the playlist and pasting the tracks.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And I feel so lucky because I'm new to fb2k and I probably wouldn't have bothered with it if v2 hadn't just been released at the same time as I discovered it a couple of months ago, because I really wanted a dark theme. And then to read your epic pdf on just one of your inventions and see that it was apparently completed just a few days ago makes me feel like Christmas has come early. Oh wait.
Well these scripts have been here for since 2021. There have been some slowdows with v2 due to missing tags cache, but now that the topic has been fixed, I can continue with it.

EDIT: Personally, I would love it if the the colour of the buttons at the bottom of Playlist manager were inverted or something. The light colour is pretty glaring against what is mostly dark on my installation. Not sure if that would be any easy thing to change. Probably pointless screenshot showing the buttons attached.
Somehow I missed the background button color to configure, although I allow changing the text color. Will add it soon. The buttons were supposed to follow the windows theme btw (not sure if you use dark theme globally?).

Anyway my idea is to backport the framework on Playlist Tools. There you can even set the buttons to not have a background, so it reuses the background color (which is usually better on dark themes). You can somehow simulate it if you go to:
.\xxx-scripts\helpers\buttons_panel_xxx.js
Code: [Select]
	partAndStateID: 6 // 1 standard button, 6 no bg/border button (+hover)
And set that value to 6. Then change the button text color to white or grey.
It will use the windows theme manager, not as fancy as the improved buttons on Playlist Tools (the highlight is a bit weird) but works for now until I add it (some days).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #98
[deleted]

Reply #99
Regor, happy new year.

1. I can't drag and drop files into playlists. It works with the normal Playlist manager in a panel, but not with your Playlist manager in a Spider Monkey Panel. I just get a red circle with a red line through it.

2. If we add tracks to an existing playlist, we can't then export the playlist file because it already exists. I would like to be able to easily add tracks and then export the updated playlist file so that I can resync it to my phone.