Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Browse Media Server by Genre (Read 1141 times) previous topic - next topic

Browse Media Server by Genre

I have my music stored on a Synology NAS. From there I want to stream to my iPad using Foobar2000 mobile.
I frequently use the "Genre" tags to search for the music I'm in the mood for. Some of the albums are tagged with multiple genres.

If I download the music files to the iPad, the genre view gives me the individual genres, followed by artist and album. That's as I expect it.
But if I access the Media Server (the NAS) and browse the server by genre view, it will give me -in case of multiple genre tags- the combination as a new genre.
Instead of
Genre1
Genre2
it will show
Genre1;Genre2

And on top, there is no sorting be artist and album, instead only all individual titles under the selected genre.

The solution obviously would be to download the music to my iPad, but that would be about 500GB, which is a little to much for the iPad.

Is there any other solution I missed?