Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Change in composer sort behavior (Read 550 times) previous topic - next topic

Change in composer sort behavior

Hi.  I recently upgraded from v1.5.1 to v1.6.1 and I'm seeing some different behavior regarding composer sort name behavior with MP3/ID3.  I have a "Standard field" defined like so, "Composer Sort=COMPOSERSORT".  Previously, this would get saved in ID3 as TXXX:COMPOSERSORT.  Now, it's getting translated to TSOC, and when it's read back, it comes up in Properties as "COMPOSERSORTORDER", rather than the Standard Field I have defined.  This is a problem.  If I change the Standard Field to COMPOSERSORTORDER, then messes up other codecs, notably Ogg Vorbis, where it should be COMPOSERSORT.  And, now I have MP3 files that are mixing TXXX:COMPOSERSORT and TSOC.  To work around all this, I would to have to have two Standard Fields that I switch between, depending on codec, and change a bunch of configuration to look for COMPOSERSORT or COMPOSERSORTORDER interchangeably.  Ouch!  Is there something else I can do?