Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Georgia: A dynamically generated fb2k theme (Read 93151 times) previous topic - next topic

Georgia: A dynamically generated fb2k theme

At long last I'm pleased to announce that my theme Georgia is available for public use. Georgia is a dynamically generated theme which uses album art to choose colors for it's panels. It was originally designed for running full screen on HTPCs, but also works well in a standard desktop environment. Georgia also looks amazing in 4k.

Gallery of what's possible with Georgia

Inspired by XBMC/Kodi, I might have created the first fanart based fb2k theme years ago, and Georgia is the logical conclusion of that work. It supports band logos, record label images, cdArt/vinylArt, multiple covers, etc. It's designed primarily to look good, and look good on a big screen, so it is lacking some functionality that other themes have.

Get Georgia now. Be sure to follow the installation instructions.

NOTE: Georgia is currently in beta. There will probably be some bugs/crashes. I'm pretty sure the lyrics display is not working correctly. I'm hoping some of you folks will be kind enough to help me test this out and iron out any kinks.

Components recommended for this theme:

This theme would not be possible without the hard work of Peter, marc2003, and TheQwertiest.

Re: Georgia: A dynamically generated fb2k theme

Reply #2
So you are that Mordred! I didn't connect until today, but the reason I got into foobar2000 is because about three years ago, while searching for inspiring music player layouts, I stumbled on this one which definitely looks like Georgia's forefather. Well, thanks for inspiring me  :)
I'm late

Reply #3
Looks nice! I might give it a try. ;)
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #4
So you are that Mordred! I didn't connect until today, but the reason I got into foobar2000 is because about three years ago, while searching for inspiring music player layouts, I stumbled on this one which definitely looks like Georgia's forefather. Well, thanks for inspiring me  :)
Haha, yep! If by some crazy chance you're still running that one, you should definitely upgrade. It hurts me to look at now (and I was running it up until December!) Glad you stumbled onto my stuff and the fb2k community!

Reply #5
It doesn't load properly:

Code: [Select]
Error: JScript Panel v2.1.5.2 (Georgia by Mordred)
Error in JavaScript execution time:
'PanelProperties' is not defined
File: C:\Users\puran\AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\georgia\js\globals.js
Line: 2, Col: 1
<source text only available at compile time>

:'(

Reply #6
It doesn't load properly:

:'(
Thanks! Right before releasing I updated some file paths for TheQwertiest's playlist manager, but apparently didn't push the commit. There's a new release which should fix the problem.

Reply #7
Got it working, thank you!

Hmm...

It crashes foobar if I add music through foo-input-spotify...

Reply #8
And this is why I need beta testers. Never used foo-input-spotify, but I'll check it out and see what's going on. Thanks for reporting!

Edit: The crash of foobar is either a bug in foobar itself or foo_input_spotify. What's causing it is attempting to retrieve %directoryname%. I was able to replicate it with 3 lines of Javascript. I reported a bug to Peter as I think it's foobar's problem, but can't tell for certain.

Skipping any calls that would process that field, I did run into a couple other issues which I've fixed but not pushed up yet. Doesn't look like I'm getting any album art though. Do you typically see art in other themes?

Reply #9
... Doesn't look like I'm getting any album art though. Do you typically see art in other themes?

I was thinking that no art was possible through foo-input-spotify, at least not in the themes I tried (mainly foobox 4.2), buy yesterday I tried it with Br3tt js-smooth-playlist and it gets Spotiy art.

Reply #10
... Doesn't look like I'm getting any album art though. Do you typically see art in other themes?

I was thinking that no art was possible through foo-input-spotify, at least not in the themes I tried (mainly foobox 4.2), buy yesterday I tried it with Br3tt js-smooth-playlist and it gets Spotiy art.
Yeah, I saw in the console it was attempting to retrieve art, but it didn't appear available to the theme. I'll need to look into that.

Reply #11
I've got artwork working with spotify now, and fixed some crashes. Give it a try and let me know if you're still having issues there.

Reply #12
 Wow! Working now with Spotify and showing the Spotify art!!! Also working the flags, band logos etc.

I'll tell you if something doesn't go.

Reply #13
MordredKLB: good job on the theme! Probably gonna end up stealing some features getting some inspiration from it :D

Reply #14
Version 0.9.9 released.

Change log:
  • Fixed a nasty crash in the playlist when the artist had a name with a special regex character (i.e. *, +, (), {}, etc.)
  • Adding versioning to the script. This allows for changing properties back to defaults when I change the defaults, and the ability to delete no longer used properties.
  • Progress bar can now be disabled. This means you can disable it and use a foo_wave_seekbar panel below the jscript_panel.
  • Cleaned up Lyrics code and got rid of dated looking images. Reports are that this all works well now.
  • Stopped forcing a crash when we get a bad date in the calcDateAge

Reply #15
MordredKLB, can you share a portable version, because I can not install it, yet I followed the information. thank you very much

Reply #16
MordredKLB, can you share a portable version, because I can not install it, yet I followed the information. thank you very much
Are you saying you have a portable version of foobar and it doesn't work, or you want me to give you .fcl files?

Reply #17
MordredKLB, share portable version please, I want one. Thank

Reply #18
He's probably asking for the complete foobar folder as portable.

Reply #19
that's it, jazzthieve.

Reply #20
I apologize, but that's not something I'm able to provide at the moment. I can try and walk you through the issues you're having installing the theme if you like. What exactly isn't working for you?

Reply #21
JScript Panel v2.1.6 (Georgia by Mordred): initialised in 10 ms
Error: JScript Panel v2.1.6 (Georgia by Mordred)
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\polyfills.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\helpers.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\hyperlinks.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\CaTRoX_QWR\js_marc2003\js\lodash.min.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\CaTRoX_QWR\js_marc2003\js\helpers.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\CaTRoX_QWR\Common.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\CaTRoX_QWR\Utility_LinkedList.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\globals.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\CaTRoX_QWR\Control_ContextMenu.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\CaTRoX_QWR\Control_HtaMsgBox.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\CaTRoX_QWR\Control_HtaGroupPresetsMngr.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\CaTRoX_QWR\Control_Scrollbar.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\CaTRoX_QWR\Control_List.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\CaTRoX_QWR\Panel_Playlist.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\CaTRoX_QWR\Control_Button.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\color.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\themes.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\Image_Caching.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\georgia-main.js
Failed to load: C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\georgia\js\lyrics.js
JScript Panel v2.1.6 (Georgia by Mordred): initialised in 8 ms

Reply #22
@IP974 Looks like the issue is your paths are wrong. It's looking for the theme in "C:\Users\hld97\Desktop\Georgia-master\foobar2000\" but it doesn't seem the files are there.

Find where those files are and move them to the correct location.

Reply #23
v1.0.0 was just released. Major addition this time around is the integration of WilB's LibraryTree. There are also a ton of bug fixes, speed improvements, fit-and-finish updates, etc. It's a much more solid theme this time around, with a lot more configurable options in the Options menu.

A selected changelist:
  • Caching playlist header images for 50% speed increase on drawing
  • Reload artwork on main panel double click
  • Better handling of radio/spotify streams
  • Handle cd/vinyl art with no album art
  • Much improved pause button drawing code
  • Fix playlist multi-disc counts
  • Don't create genre hyperlink if no genre tag
  • Fixing some too small labels on 4k (I no longer have a 4K monitor so these might be hard to catch in the future)
  • Fixed some lyrics bugs
  • Drawing original artist and album subtitle in italics if possible
  • Greatly improved album art caching for non-playlist art
  • skip drawing artwork if nothing is playing (weird corner case)
  • General speed and quality of life improvements
  • Moved theme debug output to behind an option in the debug menu

As always, let me know if you have any issues setting this up.

Reply #24
Working fine here, thanks!!
Ys
Rozzo