Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tag&Rename 2.1 beta 3 released (Read 2923 times) previous topic - next topic

Tag&Rename 2.1 beta 3 released

http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm
29 May 2002 Tag&Rename 2.1 beta 3 released.
Tag&Rename - easy-to-use music organizer with CDDB support.

Tag&Rename is a powerful, easy-to-use program for organizing  and archiving your library of music files.

New in 2.1 beta 3 version:

- added support for lyrics, bpm and PCDJ ID3v2 tag fields
- added option to save cover art from ID3v2 tag to graphic file
- added option to save cover art from allmusic.com to graphic file
- a lot of minor changes and fixes
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #2
As a registered user of T&R, one thing I find annoying is the lack of an easy way to upgrade.  It appears you have to uninstall the old version before installing these "betas," or else install them in different folders (thus maintaining multiple copies).  It would be nice if they would provide an upgrade patch or something.

Reply #3
Come on, fewtch, is it really that hard to click on "Uninstall Tag&Rename Beta" and wait a few seconds for it to do its thing?  That's really all there is to uninstalling the software and being able to install the latest beta.

Having just followed that procedure for upgrading from 2.1 Beta 2 >> 2.1 Beta 3, I'm happy to see that Tag&Rename retained my registration and configuration options.

Reply #4
Originally posted by Negative Zero
Come on, fewtch, is it really that hard to click on "Uninstall Tag&Rename Beta" and wait a few seconds for it to do its thing?  That's really all there is to uninstalling the software and being able to install the latest beta.

Well, in my case it's a pain because for one thing, I have a keyboard shortcut attached to the shortcut icon, so it has to be changed.  It's not that terrible but I dunno, why do they keep this in beta so long?

Having just followed that procedure for upgrading from 2.1 Beta 2 >> 2.1 Beta 3, I'm happy to see that Tag&Rename retained my registration and configuration options.

Admittedly that much is nice... but it also suggests that the uninstall doesn't delete the old registry info.  Call me picky, but uninstallers that don't do that are sloppy.

Anyway, the newest version features are nice, and it's still the best tagger IMHO (or at least the most intuitive to use).  One of the few programs I've registered that I feel is worth the money.  If they added some Encspot-like features, I'd be even happier.