Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Stop the Pop Up (Read 3102 times) previous topic - next topic

Stop the Pop Up

I don't remember joining this forum but I found that I was already a member. I DO remember trying Foobar once before though. Anyway, although it says I've been a member for over a year this is my first real go at Foobar. I've been through them all and never felt totally satisfied. I think when I tried it before I was more interested in eye candy - which it doesn't have. Now I just want a decent player - which it is.
My one question is how can I stop this pop up each time I click on an audio file when Foobar is already open?
It pops up very briefly and is so minimized only the top menu bar is visible with "Please . . ." on it. I try to enlarge it to have a better look but it goes away before I get a chance. It's not doing anything but it's annoying, bugging me. Can I stop it at all?
Thanks very much for any help.
Maureen.

Stop the Pop Up

Reply #1
Have you tried to disable the option Preferences | General | Bring to front when adding new files from commandline?

Stop the Pop Up

Reply #2
I'm not sure, but I think it could be the playback statistic component, foo_playcount. There is an official and an unofficial one. I think I switched back to the official one because of this. Download it here, place it in your compponents folder and see if it fixes it

sune

Stop the Pop Up

Reply #4
I think the dialog box is trying to say "Please wait while analyzing files..." or somesuch. In my case, such dialog box pops up if I drag-and-drop files onto foobar's window.

Stop the Pop Up

Reply #5
I'm sorry I've not come back before now, I'd ticked off to be informed of any replies but didn't receive any emails, so I thought there were no postings. I thank you all for the suggestions, I tried them but it still happens. It's no big deal really, it's there so very briefly, just a little irritating. I'm so impressed with this player I'll put up with it.    Thanks again.

Stop the Pop Up

Reply #6
Maybe you're computer is just too fast. It happens to me (and I thought it happened to everyone else too) when I open up files for the first time, but it stays there long enough that its not irritating and short enough that its not disrupting.