Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Flac Tags Using Eac (Read 4274 times) previous topic - next topic

Flac Tags Using Eac

How can I get Eac to tag my Flac Files?
And is there any way to transcode from Flac to Vorbis, without lose the tags?
I’ am using Flac 1.0.4b by the way.

Flac Tags Using Eac

Reply #2
Thanks for the replay.
But my first question remains unsolved. Is it possible to get “Exact audio copy” to write tags in Flac files? What would the command line look like?
After reading the thread, once more, I came to the conclusion that you could use Oggifier to transcode from Flac to Ogg Vorbis. But it wouldn’t preserve the tags? To copy tags one could use “metaflac --no-utf8-convert --export-vc-to=- file.flac | vorbiscomment --raw -w -c file.ogg”
Or transcode with this line: “FOR /R "E:\PATH\TO\FLAC" %i IN (*.flac) DO flac.exe -d -c "%i" | oggenc.exe -q 0 - -o "D:%~pi%~ni.ogg" && Tag.exe -- fromfile "%i" "D:%~pi%~ni.ogg"” and preserve tags.
But as I sad earlier, I must have tags in the first place with Eac. Maybe I should wait until it’s more mature . 

Flac Tags Using Eac

Reply #3
You can get EAC to wtite the tags directly with flac.exe. Just enter the following commandline in EAC compression options (with flac as the encoder):

%s --tag=TITLE="%t" --tag=ARTIST="%a" --tag=ALBUM="%g" --tag=TRACKNUMBER="%n" --tag=DATE="%y" --tag=GENRE="%m" --tag=ENCODING="EAC 0.9b4, Secure mode (or whatever you want to appear here)"

Beware that Ogg and mp3 uses different tags for displaying the date. Mp3 uses the "year" tag and Ogg uses "date". So to be on the sure side when transcoding from flac, you might want EAC to write both of the tags. That will, on the other side, make them both appear in ogg.

From flac, you can use dbPoweramp to transcode to all kind of formats - with taggings preserved. However, I have runt into a problem which I describe
here.

Flac Tags Using Eac

Reply #4
For EAC -> FLAC I use:

-8 -T "title=%t" -T "artist=%a" -T "album=%g" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n" -T "genre=%m" %s -o %d

To convert a directory of FLAC files to OGG Vorbis I use:

#!/bin/sh

FLAC=C:/Programs/Audio/flac/bin/
OGG=C:/Programs/Audio/vorbis-tools/

for i in *.flac
do
  base=`basename "$i" .flac`
  echo "Now converting: $base"
  $FLAC/flac -d -c "$base.flac" | $OGG/oggenc -q 6 - -o "$base.ogg" && $FLAC/met
aflac --no-utf8-convert --export-vc-to="tag.tmp" "$base.flac" && $OGG/vorbiscomm
ent --raw -a -c tag.tmp "$base.ogg"
done
echo "Done."
rm tag.tmp