Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I have to give up CDex (Read 3195 times) previous topic - next topic

I have to give up CDex

Folks,

I have been using Cdex for few years and very happy with it. Recently I got a new  PC at work and cannot install any software any more. I need to encode CD on a fly to a MP3 and save it to my drive. Do you know any software that I can run from my Flash drive to encode to MP3 w/o first installing it on PC?

Thanks a lot

I have to give up CDex

Reply #1
I didn't think you needed to install CDEx.  You can get a ZIP version which you just unzip and run.  It stores its settings in an INI IIRC.

You can also just zip and run EAC, although it does use the registry.

I'm not sure if CDEx uses the registry or not.

I believe you can run foobar from a flash pen.  You would need to install it on your PC at home and then just copy the folder to your flash pen.

Edit: thread re: foobar on usb flash pen.
I'm on a horse.

I have to give up CDex

Reply #2
Never tried but can't see why Exact Audio Copy wouldn't work..

It does use the registry but believe you would just lose preference settings if it wasn't saved.

I have to give up CDex

Reply #3
THANKS A LOT!

I have to give up CDex

Reply #4
CDex doesn't use the registry at all. All its settings are in ini files in the same directory.