Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LyricsDB discussion (Read 413491 times) previous topic - next topic

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #475
oops everyone. server was up and running, but after some power failures the database was corrupted. Seems I have successfuly repaired it, so the service is working again
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #476
looks like it might be down again?

(not to appear thankless -- it's a great plug-in. thanks so much!)

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #478
First of all great plugin, many thanks for keeping up the work!

Now my question: 
Is there a possibility to save the lyrics to a file? Because I don't want to save all of my lyrics in the %Lyrics%-Tag. Instead I save 'em all in /Lyrics/%artist%/%album%/%title%.txt

If there is no possibilty yet, could you just add a button to save the lyrics to a file?
I think it wouldn't be much work, because the files are already a *.txt on the server.

Thanks a lot!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #480
Thanks for your fast reply.
But I don't get it. How can foo_utils be helpful to me? Could you explain it to me? Many Thanks in advance.

Otherwise, I think the easiest and fastest way is to surf the internet for the lyrics and save 'em manually in a file. 

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #481
Format text from track information and copy to clipboard or save to file
Form http://foosion.foobar2000.org/components/?...on=0.6.2+beta+6

It seems to me this was mainly used to create nicely formatted HTML files, but I guess nothing would stop you from creating a plain text file containing only the LYRICS tag. And I suppose you can also create a keyboard shortcut to activate this functionality.

Please note that I never actually tried it, so this is pure speculation on my part.

HTH.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #482
I am using the default foobar and i was wondering if it was possible to put the lyrics in just a tab?  like the UI elements?

thanks in advance

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #484
Ahhhh!  Thank you very much.  Greatly appreciated!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #485
yep, going down for about 8 hours.
may be we do need a twitter account for messages like that?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #486
Thanks for your plugin, it is exactly what I was looking for.

I'm using foobar on Linux with Wine, and lyricsdb did not work out of the box for me. It is necessary to override the wine dll msxml3.dll (and maybe msxml3r.dll) with an original windows dll. I am using the dll from my old Windows XP installation and now lyricsdb is working just fine for me.
(Just in case there are others with the same problem.)

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #487

oh, thanks, man, I'll place that somewhere on the site.

And by the way, it's still that bad with media players under linux? ;)

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #488
And by the way, it's still that bad with media players under linux?

There are some players that are quite okay, but nothing like Foobar. The only thing I am missing with Wine-Foobar is Drag&Drop-Support, everything else is working perfectly fine and I could keep all my foobar-customizations from my old windows installation by just copying it to Linux. Could be worse

There are many lyrics in the database that have only the first 1-20 characters of the text and the rest is missing. One example is the complete "Hedniskhjärtad" album by Vintersorg, e.g. http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/vintersorg/norrland.txt and http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/vintersorg/stilla.txt
Does this happen due to a software bug, or is it just a careless edit by some users?

Other look like this: http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/ulver/ulvsblakk.txt
Is this some kind of automatic lyrics import or again careless editing?

(I know I can correct them myself and I'll do that whenever I find the time, but it's way to much to correct them all at once.)

Oh, and why is the FAQ visible only after login? (It's not very helpful yet, but anyway  )

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #489
there's a very annoying bug which happens when it says "some network problem, aborting" which cause it not to abort, ever, and the window just stays frozen, so i can only remove by restarting foobar.

great plugin, nevertheless

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #490
Just wondering if this is on my end or a server problem...

Always says - [Lyrics not available] in my player

Is there an option I am missing?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #491
I'm using foobar on Linux with Wine, and lyricsdb did not work out of the box for me. It is necessary to override the wine dll msxml3.dll (and maybe msxml3r.dll) with an original windows dll. I am using the dll from my old Windows XP installation and now lyricsdb is working just fine for me.

This is just the information I was looking for, thanks a lot. I was wondering why lyricsdb didn't work.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #492
Is there an easy way to upload lyrics? Something like a, "Check if server has lyrics" or an "Only upload if lyrics are missing" command would make things easier. Maybe the component could show both server side and client side lyrics to let users compare them before submitting.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #493
Is there an easy way to upload lyrics?
Like Right click -> Export to db you mean? But, if I'm not mistaken, it's extremely basic: if a song is already in the db, it will create a "twin" and you (or someone else) will have to use the web interface to do the cleanup.

HTH.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #494
That sounds like time consuming, potentially unnecessary work. (In addition,) Its web interface seems to be kind of slow.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #495
That sounds like time consuming, potentially unnecessary work. (In addition,) Its web interface seems to be kind of slow.
You are right, but I don't think dug is actively developing the plugin and the site anymore (yes, a real shame because it's a great project IMHO). We'll have to make the best out of what we have today... hoping it will be still here tomorrow.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #496
Its almost a week now am facing this problem!

Says some network problems, aborting

Was working perfectly fine for more than months! Why this problem suddenly??

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #497
Its almost a week now am facing this problem!

Says some network problems, aborting

Was working perfectly fine for more than months! Why this problem suddenly??

same here. the site is down too. is it the end of this great project?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #498
goddddemit

I just freaking hate my hosting service and hope to change it in a week o less

sorry folks and thanks for your patience

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #499
Thanks for looking into it.

I had noticed this a couple of weeks ago, but assumed it was a work/proxy thing.  I should have spoken up earlier.