Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 won't play next track, (Read 6677 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 won't play next track,

Hey,

I love Foobar2000. Seriously, I thought it was a bit of a newbs app and then I tried it and realised what an incredible media player it is. Seems I am the noob anyway.

Point is. When playing a track. Foobar2000 used to 'shuffle' my tracks. Like for some reason. I'd select a file to play, and the next track it would play would be in another folder somewhere completely different and random.
Now it won't play the next track at all when I play a track. Say I play Track 01 in an album, it won't play 02 afterwards for some reason...

On top of that it's always looking for a file that I deleted.. and I don't know why. When I just open the app and press Play, it looks for a song that I removed... and it seems like it might be looking for it again to play after every track.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Also, is there a way to just make double-clicking on a track, the default way to play. Instead of right-click > Play?

Thanks.

Reply #1
Do U have Skip Track installed?
Check your foobar's plugins directory for presence of foo_skip.dll.........

Reply #2
Nope.. just these:

Thanks for the reply

Reply #3
What do you have your Playback Order set to? (Menu > Playback > Order)

Reply #4
It's just set to 'Default' :/

I don't get it at all... it just won't play the next song.. it always forces me to right click and click play. Or to select the track and press the 'Enter' key on my keyboard..

Reply #5
Uncheck Playback -> Stop after current.

Reply #6
It is unchecked... :/ I've already double, triple and quadruple checked all of the settings in Foobar2000 as well as the component options.. it still won't play the next track and when it does. It's never in order and it seems to play the next song randomly.. like in a completely random order like its on shuffle. Except that when I press the 'next' or 'skip' track. It plays nothing...

So if I want to skip it won't play anything anymore.. but if I let it play whatever IT wants.. it will. It just doesn't play anything in order...

Reply #7
Are you playing tracks from playlists within foobar2000 or clicking on tracks in a folder?

Reply #8
Have you songs in the queue?
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #9
Also, is there a way to just make double-clicking on a track, the default way to play. Instead of right-click > Play?

It is the default way. Where do you try clicking exactly? Are you sure it isn't the Album List? That would require such behavior.

Point is. When playing a track. Foobar2000 used to 'shuffle' my tracks. Like for some reason. I'd select a file to play, and the next track it would play would be in another folder somewhere completely different and random.
Now it won't play the next track at all when I play a track. Say I play Track 01 in an album, it won't play 02 afterwards for some reason...

Continuing on my thought above, my first guess would be: library viewer playlist is enabled, and you are clicking somewhere else on the Album List as a song plays. As a result, the contents of the active playlist gets overwritten and thus next track plays from 'somewhere else'. That would explain the shuffle-iness.

On top of that it's always looking for a file that I deleted.. and I don't know why. When I just open the app and press Play, it looks for a song that I removed... and it seems like it might be looking for it again to play after every track.

Does the deleted song show up in your playlist? If yes, remove it. I suppose it doesn't come back, does it?

---

At any point however, a screenshot of your main window would be the most useful in my opinion.

Reply #11
So, Daeron was right: you use Album List panel, and foobar2000 works as expected.
I wonder why your playlist panel (just above the spectrogram) is so small.

Reply #12
Yes, it's the Album List you're using, it overwrites the playlist when you select Play.
The Playlist View are squeezed in the middle, titled Default.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #13
Hey I am not sure I understand.. what should I replace that album list with so I can double click to play, and it will play the next song (in order) without any issues?
How exactly should I change Foobar2000? I can also make that playlist panel bigger (the one above Spectrum) but it's never got anything in it.

Are you saying that I have to make playlists for Foobar2000 to play music properly :/ ?

Edit... Second post: (because I thought the above post wasn't posted properly)

But I don't understand.. what do I have to do to make it play the songs I want in order?

Do I have to set up playlists? :/ I just want to be able to double click a song that is in the list, and play it and then have the next one played as normal too. What should I replace the current album list with?
How do I set up a playlist without using the album list then? Because that playlist box is always empty.. I can make it bigger though.

I wrote a reply but for some reason it didn't post.

Reply #14
Select the tracks in the Album list, then right-click > Send/add to current/new playlist.

Reply #15
Thank you all for the legendary replies.. I just right click and send the entire album to the playlist now.. It's really not that hard I guess.
The learning curve is a bit much but this player is leaps and bounds ahead of the rest. I'm going on the prowl now for awesome plug-ins.

This thread can be marked as solved.