Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Native DSD on Android? (Read 1631 times) previous topic - next topic

Native DSD on Android?

I have a phone with a built-in DAC that supports Native DSD playback, but only if it's uncompressed files (.DSF, .DFF) and only if I play them using the rather awful system music player. I've been compressing my DSD files with WavPack 5 for a while now, and foobar is handling them well enough, but I want to be sure that l can play the actual DSD stream through the DAC natively, instead of downsampling to PCM inside foobar first. This wouldn't be a feature request for the app to play native DSD on all devices, only a feature request for the option to send the decoded DSD to the DAC for playback instead of internal resampling. Is this remotely possible?