Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Jiezuberband help! (Read 4637 times) previous topic - next topic

Jiezuberband help!

Hey guys, I've recently become a huge fan of the Scottish band "Jiezuberband", firstly I should ask you to check them out because their fab, but secondly, how is it some bands that just start off can get such clean sounds? If you listen to their debut album "Sound Of The Sun", all I can hear is flawless mixing and expertly placed melodies, does this mean I should just stop now? I've been producing for many years and I can't get anything close to that sound

Jiezuberband help!

Reply #1
You should probably ask this question at forums dedicated to recording, like TapeOP, Gearslutz or KVRaudio. This forum is more dedicated to audio compression/codecs etc and not how to mic up a bass drum. Regards.

Jiezuberband help!

Reply #2
Okay man, thanks for the advise

Jiezuberband help!

Reply #3
No problem 

Jiezuberband help!

Reply #4
I've been producing for many years and I can't get anything close to that sound
Do you work with top-notch musicians who own top-notch instruments? 

...It all starts with capturing a good performance.  Before you start recording or mixing & processing, you've got to create a good-sounding performance.  (From what I understand, getting a good performance and a good sound is a big part of the producer's job.  Then, it's the recording engineer's job to set-up the right microphones in the right positons to capture the sound.) 

Do you record in a good studio with good acoustics & soundproofing? 

Do you have pro equipment, especially good microphones?

Do you work with pro recording, mixing, and mastering engineers?  Or, are you wearing the "engineering hats" as well as the "producer hat"?

Jiezuberband help!

Reply #5
What on Earth made you think this would be correctly placed in MP3 - Tech? Never mind: since there is no valid answer, this thread will be locked. If you want to pursue this subject further, post it in the correct subforum, which, in case it is not obvious, is General Music Discussion. P.S. Adding an icon indicating that the thread is high-priority is excessive in this case, even if it had been posted in the right location.