Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #8] thread resurrection + TOS #8 violation (Read 2446 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #8] thread resurrection + TOS #8 violation

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']split from here[/span]

the only way to recreate near analog/vinyl sound on pc is to use 192khz/24bit wav files, NEVER USING lossy codecs on them, and use good quality hardware and software for recording and playing those files. i like cool edit pro for its simplicity, but for hardware you could check out another thread to see what to use. you dont need audiophile/astronomically priced sound card, speakers, turntable, cartridge to backup your vinyl lps, but something high quality.

btw, most posters seem to think cd quality (44/16) is the way to go when preserving your analog recordings, since it will offer the best quality that your ears are going to hear anyway. even at 48/24, the music flows smoother and more 'alive'. i know beacause i have backed up some tapes to pc using 48/24, then downconverting to 44/16 and the difference CAN be heard. i dont mean i can hear >20khz frequencies, but the music sounds more natural/less 'chopped'/simulated than at 44/16. no, i dont have audiophile/$100000000 sound system, just a dell pc with the included 4.1ch speakers, and the diff can be heard. so, yes, dont go by what someone says, everyone should treat themselves to a comparison of their fav music in diff sample rates and bit depths.
Computers hear best in Digital form. Humans hear best in Analog form. Which one are you?