Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist Find 0.8 + (foo_playlistfind) (Read 56826 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist Find 0.8 + (foo_playlistfind)

Reply #25
i have one question, can you add an option that would make the plugin search  on all currently loaded playlists in foobar? or maybe this is too complicated?

Nah, that shouldn't be too hard to implement. So you want to go through all the matches on the current playlist, then cycle to the next one and go through all of its matches, and so on?

i have one problem with using it as ui extension: i have it on sidebar, which i toggle on and off using 'tab' key. when it's visible, pressing shortcut for invoking your plugin works fine (going to playlist find's edit box in the sidebar area). however it does so even when the sidebar is hidden.

so, could you check whether that edit box is on sidebar which is hidden or not, and if it is do what you would do in case of no playlist find toolbar / sidebar panel (in my case - opening mini window with editbox)?

Hrmm... I didn't think of that. I don't think there is any way to check if the sidebar is hidden at present. And unfortunately I coded the dialog so that you can only have one or the other (sidebar/toolbar or normal dialog) open at one time. But I could always change that if support for checking sidebar state is ever added to foo_ui_columns. Or, failing that, just have separate menu commands. i.e., "Focus playlistfind sidebar" and "Open playlistfind dialog"

Reply #26
i have one question, can you add an option that would make the plugin search  on all currently loaded playlists in foobar? or maybe this is too complicated?

Nah, that shouldn't be too hard to implement. So you want to go through all the matches on the current playlist, then cycle to the next one and go through all of its matches, and so on?

Hm, yes this could be one possibilty or search in all playlists at once and always display the best match from all playlists in the playlists where the match occurs (could be the same as your thought )
would be great if you implement that

Reply #27
Could you add a "find next" option? This seems like a pretty obvious feature, but I don't see it anywhere.

Reply #28
Could you add a "find next" option? This seems like a pretty obvious feature, but I don't see it anywhere.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=249585"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Press '->'

Reply #29

Press '->'
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=249599"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Does that really work for you jk? 

The keys should be:
Next match -- down arrow (or enter if "Use enter to close and play focused" is disabled)
Previous match -- up arrow or shift-enter

I'll add a list of shortcuts to my first post.

Reply #30

Press '->'

Does that really work for you jk? 

The keys should be:
Next match -- down arrow (or enter if "Use enter to close and play focused" is disabled)
Previous match -- up arrow or shift-enter
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=249603"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ups! Sorry, you're right. I mean Down arrow.

Reply #31
Updated for new ui extension api. If you use the plfind toolbar inside of uie_tabs, the tab will become active when you hit your plfind shortcut key.

Reply #32
Any mirrors? Downloadpage seems to be down 

edit: Nevermind, it's working now!

Reply #33
Phi is it possible to make it search ALL playlists? I think you mentioned something about this, but it doesn't work for me. ATM it only searches the currently-loaded playlist. I'm using the newest playlist finder and the newest columns (12/28/04). Thanks.

Also, any way to integrate it into the status bar? (centered) ??

Reply #34
Phi is it possible to make it search ALL playlists? I think you mentioned something about this, but it doesn't work for me. ATM it only searches the currently-loaded playlist. I'm using the newest playlist finder and the newest columns (12/28/04). Thanks.

No, only the selected playlist.

Also, any way to integrate it into the status bar? (centered) ??

Not currently.

Reply #35
Ah, I see. Is this component still under development (are you going to make more releases?)

Reply #36
I'll update it for the 0.9 SDK, but I probably won't do much development on it beyond that.

Reply #37
I want playist find to search for song ONLY by filename. How to do it?
I don't speak English very well, please excuse me!

Reply #38
Under "Preferences->Playlist find", change "Format" to "%_filename%".

Reply #39
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=344011"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

10x!
I don't speak English very well, please excuse me!

Reply #40
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=344011"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

you make my day

Reply #41
Is there anyway i can have it search just  artist,  then title, then  filename?

Reply #42
I love this plug-in.  And I have some ideas how to improve it, too.

If your playlist is not visible (fb minimized) you can jump to the next find (arrow down/up) but you won't have any visual feedback. How about displaying the next find right there where you type, much like with an autocomplete function? Nice side effect: When you do not type anything at all you could browse your entire playlist in the PLF window.

Another nice thing would be to have an option to enqueue the found title instead of playing it right away (maybe: enter = play, shift enter = enqueue) If this worked with foo_temple it really would be great! However, I read there will be a built-in tempory playlist in FB0.9 similar to foo_temple's... maybe you could also use this.

Would it be possible to search also lyric files? Sometimes a chorus line runs through my mind but I can't remember the actual song title. It's not a big thing, you can always use google or whatever, but with PLF it would be much faster.

Finally just a note: being able to use TAB/SHIFT TAB for "find next"/"find previous" would be nice. It's easier to hit than the arrow down/up key, especially when you're typing with 10 fingers. But I think that's already being planned to make the keys configurable... so in that case nevermind.

Reply #43
I know you've said that you would update this to 0.9 when the SDK is available, and I don't mean to be nagging you, but I just wondered if you had any progess on it yet..?

Anyway, great plugin eitherway

Reply #44
Any news?

Reply #45
I don't want to sound pushy but this plug-in is a *must* for me and it was supposed to be released in early April?

Reply #46
A find as you type plugin  . This just made my day.

However, my foobar is really dark, and the bight white background of this (I use it as a panel) clashes. How hard would it be to impliment a background colour, and font colour option  ? That would make this perfect for me .

Not a .9.x update, still using .8.0.3
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

Reply #48
Instead of waiting you may try this plugin.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....opic=44012&st=0

This little toolbar is more powerful than foo_playlistfind and makes the porting of it unneccessary. Only thing you will miss is "search as you type". But who knows? Perhaps NEMO will add this feature someday.

Reply #49
Does anyone know if foo_playlistfind works with %_playlist_number% string format or other that permit playlist tracknumbers management ?

Regards